What's new

Finally did it!

alabamadan

Sr. Member
Joined
May 2, 2005
Messages
457
Reaction score
8
Golden Thread
0
Location
Dixie
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Well after living through hunting with you guys I did it. I called the branch I frequent and asked them if I ordered a box of halves when they would be in. She said Well, I've got $400 here, but I can have a box next week. I said I'd take the $400 and order me the box too!

When I get there to see my new best friend who was soft on the eyes, I give her a box of candy and introduce myself. I end up with $440 in halves and a friend. She was appreciative of the candy and taking the halves. She said she was happy to see them go honestly. I promised not to bring them back.

So I couldn't stand it. I sat in the car and went through about 10 rolls and I've already found 3 40%s! ;D I've got a 66, 68 and 69. I'm hooked and can't wait to get home and look through them fully.

Oh, and I was really surprised to find some with smooth edges. It this just from wear or do some years have smooth edges?
 
Upvote 0
The smooth ones are known as "casino halves". They get worn down from going into the slot machines repeatedly.
 
congrats dan, make sure you stay in your part of alabama and out of mine....just kiding ;D
 
I cannot promise to stay out of Alabama. But I might not get there until 2010. Still alot of states in between VA. and Bama.

Golden Silver
 
Great job, hope you get a lot more in your box next week!!! :thumbsup:
 
Looking in my box I found loads of 2002s in excellent condition. My redbook reads these as worth $2 each. Is that true?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom