What's new

Finally found a New Jersey Copper!

relicmeister

Bronze Member
Joined
Jul 26, 2012
Messages
2,229
Reaction score
2,152
Golden Thread
0
Location
Poconos, Nw.NJ & Delaware Valley
Detector(s) used
XP Orx Deus II, 9” coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
A short hunt before getting rained out at my virgin colonial site yielded my 6th colonial coin. This time it's a New Jersey copper.
The date was easily visible a 1786. I know there are several varieties of this coin, but I don't know the differences so any comments on it
would be welcomed. E Pluribus Unum on front with shield, Horsehead/plow with Nova Caesarea on obverse. I also found a reale, but it's severely worn. I'll take it, though!:headbang: Oh, The reale is dime-size. HH and Thanks
 

Attachments

  • 001.webp
    001.webp
    55.8 KB · Views: 184
  • 004.webp
    004.webp
    91.5 KB · Views: 130
  • 005.webp
    005.webp
    46.9 KB · Views: 129
Upvote 26
Great old stuff ya found! Congrats! :icon_thumright:
 
Seems the Jersey coppers are jumping out of the ground lately. Congrats on digging one... and Spanish silver as well. Sweet!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom