What's new

Finally got a steel cent from a Brinks box

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Joined
Aug 28, 2009
Messages
2,260
Reaction score
31
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
I know people have been talking about not finding any steel cents in Brinks box rolls. I haven't found any until today. I got a 1943 steel. It weighed 2.8 grams and the sorter put it into the zinc pile. Not a bad box but low in the coppers. Probably 18% copper. I did get some decent wheat dates but always missing a 1950 wheatie. I got a new date filled 1940-D.

10 wheats

1935-S, 1939-S, 1940-D, 1940-S, 1943 (steel), 1952-D, 1954-S, 1955-D, 1956-D, 1957-D
 
Upvote 0
Way to go!!! I got a 1928 and 1937 a couple nights ago, but no Steel (yet)
 
Thanks Adam, I rarely get wheats in the teens and 20's. Copper is not very good around here compared to other places in the country.
 
My avg is probably 23% Cu
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom