Finally got into my corn field permission

sibbley

Mar 18, 2023
Nazareth, PA
Detector(s) used
Dr. Otek MT-XR, Ace Apex, Xterra Pro, Nokta Legend, Nokta Makro Impact, Manticore, XP ORX, XP Deus 2 WS6 Master, Deeptech Vista X
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hit my field permission today over where the early 1900's house was. Let me say, I don't like swinging in corn fields. I started with the Legend with the 6-inch coil. That was a bust, hardly had any signals. After a half hour, I grabbed the Impact. Holy crap the field came to life when I started swinging. Lots of iron, but I went for mostly higher tones. I dug two iron tones that were extremely loud and close to the surface. No really great finds, but I only covered a small area around where the house stood. I'm sure I missed a lot trying to navigate corn stalks.

P1001087_WM.jpgP1001088_WM.jpgP1001089_WM.jpgP1001091_WM.jpgP1001101_WM.jpg

The baby spoon bowl was my last find before we left. I love finding the shotgun headstamps. The shaker lid was a pretty cool find. The headstamp on the right is a REM-UMC NEW CLUB 1911-1914. the one on the left is a UMC CO. NITRO CLUB 1900-1910.

Thanks for looking...

Last edited:
Upvote 13
I find a lot of broken cast iron in corn fields too. You got some neat stuff.
Good luck!

There should be some old coins, tokens, buttons, etc. in the area !

Hit my field permission today over where the early 1900's house was. Let me say, I don't like swinging in corn fields. I started with the Legend with the 6-inch coil. That was a bust, hardly had any signals. After a half hour, I grabbed the Impact. Holy crap the field came to life when I started swinging. Lots of iron, but I went for mostly higher tones. I dug two iron tones that were extremely loud and close to the surface. No really great finds, but I only covered a small area around where the house stood. I'm sure I missed a lot trying to navigate corn stalks.

View attachment 2113676View attachment 2113677View attachment 2113678View attachment 2113679View attachment 2113680

The baby spoon bowl was my last find before we left. I love finding the shotgun headstamps. The shaker lid was a pretty cool find. The headstamp on the right is a REM-UMC NEW CLUB 1911-1914. the one on the left is a UMC CO. NITRO CLUB 1900-1910.

Thanks for looking...
Nice finds.

View attachment 2113676View attachment 2113677View attachment 2113678View attachment 2113679View attachment 2113680

Thanks for looking...
Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back