Finally got my ACE 250

Ricardo_NY1

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2006
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Explorer XS/II & Garrett ACE 250
My BH 1100 went out with a bang the other day by finding me a merc, and yesterday I finally received my ACE 250. I took it out to the park for a spin and detected for about an hour 1/2 before lightning started to move in. I was pretty impressed. It spoke a new language that I do not fully understand, but we're going to have a long talk today at the park. I found an on edge penny at 5+ inches last night and in air tests, this thing promises. Ground balance for this area(Thank God) has been no issue and I've been able to detect false free at 6 bars. Lack of auto or manual GB was a huge concern with this machine. I know there's a few out there who are considering this machine, so I will write out a little review when it's fair to do so.

Upvote 0
you made a fine choice with that ace, i think you will really like it. as far as the set GB goes, i have only had trouble at sites with super minerilized soil and in the water at the beach (salt water). in 99% of the places i hunt it works very well.

Hmmm. Who could it be considering to buy one. ;) Let us know how the 7 hour park hunt goes when you get a chance. Unfortunately, I'm still up in the air with getting one or having the Mr Bill's mod done on my Classic II. After todays claddage I think I have just enough for the mod. Any input from the gurus is always welcome. ;D
Good Luck Ricardo,
Mike in NJ

Good choice with the Ace, I think you’ll really like it.
It’s the only detector I have and hunt salt water beach, if it hadn’t rained in a while I need to turn the sensitivity down some and it does speak a different language but it’s easy to understand.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back