What's new

Finally got my first Semiquincentennial coin in change

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2011
Messages
12,315
Reaction score
11,482
Golden Thread
0
Location
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seems odd to me that it has taken so long for any to show up in my area. I remember back during the Bicentennial, it seemed like the coins showed up in circulation very early in the year. Got my first quarter today.

1789258989169.webp


1789259021223.webp
 
The US mint totally failed us with these new coins. They should have flooded your pocket change before July 4th. I’ve still not received any of them in change so far.
 
People don't use cash as much these days, so less coins are given back as change so less coins in circulation as there was 25 years ago, most people now use debit cards.
 
The US mint totally failed us with these new coins. They should have flooded your pocket change before July 4th. I’ve still not received any of them in change so far.

Back during the Bicentennial, it was very common for stores to give back the bicentennial quarters and halves in change and even occasionally a bicentennial Ike dollar. I got several type 1 and type 2 dollars as change that year. It seemed like the celebration went on all year long and it was great to see the nation filled with such pride. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be much of that going on this year.
 
People don't use cash as much these days, so less coins are given back as change so less coins in circulation as there was 25 years ago, most people now use debit cards.

I figure that is a huge factor in why they're not showing up, although when the 50 state quarter program was launched they started showing up pretty quickly in my area.
 
I figure that is a huge factor in why they're not showing up, although when the 50 state quarter program was launched they started showing up pretty quickly in my area.
Again that program was started 27 years ago in1999, time flies when you're having fun!!!!

Back then I almost always paid in cash, when I got home I dropped my change into a jar, in a years' time I would have at least $200 to $300 in that jar, now I use my debit card most if not all of the time and don't have a jar.
 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom