Finally got my silver quarter

Numismaniac

Bronze Member
Apr 1, 2010
I guess I just didn't whine enough til this week! All your words of encouragement paid off today! I wasn't even going to bother, but I got another box of quarters today, and found my first silver qtr of the year!

It's a pretty ugly 1951, but it's silver.

20121031_155209-1.jpg

Upvote 0
Congrats!!!

Nice going, bud. I've only found 2: a 1947-D and a 1964-D. They didn't look gross like that one though. But silver is silver.

Are you going to try and clean it up a little bit? It looks like someone almost destroyed it with an SOS pad.

Don't want to brag. Yes, I do. Last week I got a silver quarter in change from my local McDonalds. I asked to come around and look through their change machine for more. Turned down flat by the manager. I even asked to buy whatever rolls he could spare. No way. A day or so later I got another silver quarter from my Blooms (grocery store). This time the cashier let me finger the quarter and dimes tray. Nothing. Didn't even offer to buy an extra rolls they might have to spare. I knew the answer.

Haha Wicka is probably doing his evil laugh and tossing his silver quarters around. Nice silver though!

In the exact words of my Banks CRH'ing/Silver Coin hunting teller, "I ain't seen a silver quarter come through this bank since I don't know when."

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back