Finally Got Some MD'ing in!

Troller

Mar 5, 2016
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5 DD, Si Robertson TC2X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finally got some Metal Detecting in with friends today! We started out at a local beach and found nothing but pull tabs and bottle caps so that was a bust. I was somewhat disappointed in that since the fireworks display had taken place on the lake just six days ago. Then we went back to my favorite hunting grounds, the local grade school. This place never fails to produce coins and interesting buttons or tokens. We had a good haul in three hours and the weather was perfect. I kept a button and let the rest go to my friends and their two sons, they were happy finding quarters, dimes and pennies. Oddly enough we didn't find any nickles. In any case it was good to get out and get some fresh air! I needed it after a long stint of doing nothing but work and college! I did get 30 minutes or so of beach combining in on Simmons Island in Kenosha but that too had been picked over. I haven't had a lot of luck beach combing as yet but I will keep going at it until I get good at it. Perhaps a different coil will do the trick, or maybe a mesh basket, or better yet maybe just more practice!

Upvote 0

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There are nickels out there, yes, practice with those tones, similar to the pull tabs...then you'll get the gold!

Normsel

Bronze Member
Sep 10, 2012
D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's all about the tone so many coins are masked by what is near them but if you know the tone it will jump at you. Yesterday I was hunting a park and hit a good high pitched quarter tone but when I glanced down it was showing up as almost certain trash. I dug on the tone and pulled up a quarter and lying next to it was some rusty metal. No mater how I swung my detector I could not get a visual signal I would dig but I knew the tone had to be worth diggin

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread