Finally got the GOAD!

coinshooter

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2003
So. Cal.
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My friend and I are always making fun of that whiney old man on that Alaska Gold mining show. My favorite quote from that guy is "You are all millionaires, all you have to do is get it out of the ground". My buddy is always saying, "w\Were gonna get the goad!" in that same whiney voice.
We'll this last two weeks, I got the Goad!
I have been thinking about an area of town for a while now that was part of a historical area. It's now a large park. I decided to drive there and started hunting the hills. I wasn't finding much old stuff till I came upon one small area. I found a few age indicators of around the beginning of the 1900's, then I got a decent signal and dug up this cool vintage locket.
It's not marked as gold and had some green on it, so I figure the best it can be is 10 kt.
I was excitd to finally find something gold. I was hoping there would be some cool pics inside, but there wasn't. The viewing areas inside have a small piece of plastic covering each window. This had me concerned that it wasn't that old until I looked up when plastic was invented. 1865! Surprised me.
Yesterday, I went to the beach which has been just awful this year for any finds (much less gold). I noticed some movement of sand after some bigger waves these last few weeks and I wanted to check out one of my favorite beaches.
I was there at low tide, but was not finding hardly anything. I had a dime and three pennies.
I went up to a cut with alot of rocks below it and a small sanded in area below that. Got a nice signal and found this killer .750 bracelet. My first good gold in about a year! 18 kt 5.7 grams. It felt light to me, but when I calculated the value I was blown away that this was still about $237 worth of gold.
Wow. Love it!

Attachments

• DSCN3323.JPG
    DSCN3323.JPG
    58.9 KB · Views: 1,013
  • DSCN3324.JPG
    DSCN3324.JPG
    49.6 KB · Views: 1,032
  • DSCN3326.JPG
    DSCN3326.JPG
    39.6 KB · Views: 1,148
  • DSCN3345.JPG