Finally Got What Was Eating My Garden - not for the squeemish

M

MiniMe

I've been watching this rabbit for weeks now...... Well today, was not his lucky day...saw him coming out of my garden...grabbed my bb gun and went after him (can't shoot 22 around here). Couldn't believe it....first rabbit....and to kill it with a BB gun. A good day metal detecting with Lil man and a kill on top of that, what more can I ask for :wink: I consider it crop damage permit :wink:

P6070033.JPG

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I let my dogs out a couple of days ago and the little one Digsy found a nest of rabbits under my camping trailer. She ran them out and Max my new monster dog killed three babies before I could get to them. I saved one and reunited it with it's mom the next day. The little fart started squeeling like a pig and when I took him outside the mamma rabbit came running. I don't have a garden, just some flowers but the rabbits never bothered them. But the squirrels.....that's somethng else. I just put one to sleep a few minutes ago. It's Monty 11, squirrels 0. You have ta' do what ya' have ta' do. Monty

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I'm not mistaken, you have to be careful what time of the year you eat rabbit. Think I've heard about disease they carry until later in the year.
Oh, and Monty, I happened upon some squirrels and I heard your name mentioned! :laughing7:
Scott

Attachments

• djurbild248.jpg
    djurbild248.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 179
  • djurbild83.jpg
    djurbild83.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 126
  • djurbild290.jpg
    djurbild290.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 165

Tubecity

Bronze Member
Mar 11, 2007
sw Pa.
If I'm not mistaken, you have to be careful what time of the year you eat rabbit. Think I've heard about disease they carry until later in the year.
===================================================================
I think the rabbit disease you are talking of is 'tularmia' (sp). I believe if the rabbit has this, the liver will
have spots on it. It's said if the meat is cooked properly, it's fine to eat. But I'd be careful about cleaning
it if you have any cuts on your hands.

Tubecity

Bronze Member
Mar 11, 2007
sw Pa.
When I was a kid my Dad raised & ran beagles, he would always feed the dogs the heart & I think
the livers. The rest of the entrails he hung up in the brush to keep the dogs away from them. Not
sure why, but he was country & mountain raised so I'm sure he had his reasons.

OP
OP
M

MiniMe

Not the best shot in this world, believe me.....just happy to have been able to make the shot!!!!! :icon_thumleft:

MD Dog said:
good shot, were you using one of those new 1200 fps rounds ?

Nope just a regular old Daisy Model 840....pump, bought it for our son about 10 years ago. Just pumped it up as much as I could and gone...

Monty said:
I don't have a garden, just some flowers but the rabbits never bothered them. But the squirrels.....that's somethng else. I just put one to sleep a few minutes ago. It's Monty 11, squirrels 0. You have ta' do what ya' have ta' do. Monty

Yep Monty, you're right.....gotta do what ya' have ta' do.....Minime 1...Rabbits 0 :D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread