goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, dumping coins today I asked the same question I've asked a thousand times before, do you have any big dollars? $7 this time, but only 5 of them were Ikes. I ended up with my first Morgan and Peace dollars ever! I never thought I'd get some, out of a teller tray no less
HH
-GC
IMG_20170929_204833635.jpg
IMG_20170929_204848295.jpg

Upvote 0
I have bought a dollar cheaper than a dollar but this is about as cheap as you will ever pay for one. The story line on my dollar. I found a saca on a table at a yard sale, for grins I asked her how much and she said give me a quarter. I obliged her :)

Congrats Goldencoin! I remember you on this forum when I joined in 2006. After 12 years or so of searching, you earned those big dollars. BTW, what's the date on the Morgan?

I'll be confound... the SAME thing happened to me a few years ago. Asked for 'big dollars', teller had seven, five Ikes, one Morgan, one Peace. All for seven dollars. Still have the two silvers, released the Ikes back into the wild.

Congrats Goldencoin! I remember you on this forum when I joined in 2006. After 12 years or so of searching, you earned those big dollars. BTW, what's the date on the Morgan?

Looks like a 1921

its great to find one its awesome if you find two

Yes, I'm on old-timer here. Started CRH'ing since before they had a forum for us. I've probably been through $6000 in ikes to get these, including bags of them, and had only ever gotten a 40%. They're '21p and '22p
HH
-GC

Not bad, not bad at all. Congrats on big silver. It can only get bigger if you found an ASE.

Isn't that a great feeling! Only happened to me once.

Still waiting for that to happen to me. The best Ive got was two 40% ikes last year in four hundred dollars worth of rolls from one bank.

So far I've managed to buy one off a customer dumping coins. He got done and was staring at the change in his hand like , what the hell are these? One morgan and a bunch of 40% Kennedys . Congrats on the big silver.

Great find.
My best was a 1925 Peace dollar at a Convenience Store . Paid the poor guy $2 dollars for it.
Still have it almost 20 years later, hey I should use it for my avatar LOL.

Happened to me twice - once I bought an 1883 morgan from a teller for $1 and another time I got 9 morgan/peace out of a group of 27 dollars bundled in rubber bands. I'll never forget - the teller referred to them as "silver dollar thingies."

Congrats - persistence pays off! Nice to see.

Maine_Jim

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back