Lost Signal

Mar 5, 2019
Lowcountry SC
šŸ„‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Garrett 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Midway through my third year of detecting and I finally got some displays put together. My wife was not too interested in having my treasures hanging on the wall, but she finally gave her blessing when I showed her the printer's trays that I found. If anybody is interested in using trays, like these, I'm happy to give some pointers.

wall displays.jpg
wall display1.jpg wall display2.jpg wall display3.jpg
wall display4.jpg . wall display5.jpg wall display6.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Fat

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2020
Nebraska panhandle/NE Colorado
Detector(s) used
I took the battery out because I like my bacon crispy
Primary Interest:
Other
...that is a great looking display. I didnā€™t notice that banner find? Iā€™ll look again...

OP
OP
Lost Signal

Lost Signal

Mar 5, 2019
Lowcountry SC
šŸ„‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Garrett 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
...that is a great looking display. I didnā€™t notice that banner find? Iā€™ll look again...

Thanks.
And, you're right. These were already done. It will probably have its own display.

Dug

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2013
SC Lowcountry
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/Sovereign GT.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Those printer trays really add to the displays. Very nice arrangements as well.:icon_thumright:

OP
OP
Lost Signal

Lost Signal

Mar 5, 2019
Lowcountry SC
šŸ„‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Garrett 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice! How did you add the glass? I am interested in trying this idea

Step one is finding the trays, but that's not too difficult. I bought these on eBay but I've seen them locally on my wife's FB marketplace. They're usually around $40.

For the glass, I'm not sure if this will work for all brands, but these printers' trays are Hamilton's (the majority seem to be) and the large frame, that makes up the three sections, is 1/8" taller than the thin pieces, that further divided the drawer into small sections.

I first tried plexiglass but it was too flexible and did not hold the relics against the foam firmly enough. So, I went to a hardware store and had glass cut to fit inside of each of the three large frames, so it ends up being flush with the heavy frame, when put in place.

To make future changes easier, I made simple wooden latches to hold the glass in place.

These Hamilton drawers are 1" deep, which is a standard size for foam, so that part is easy. Although, I'm concerned that this stuff might break down in sunlight. We'll see.

Oh, and I did remove some partitions with a little saw.

Good luck if you decide to make one.

Tony in SC

Gold Member
Jun 8, 2006
Upstate South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites, Minelab, Tesoro, and custom machines
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Really nice!! When I first started detecting it was just rusty iron or junk. When relic hunting started to get popular I realized I had thrown away a fortune .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread