Finally, my first CW bullet. (only took 4 years)

BladeRunner2019

Dec 22, 2013
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello all,

Went for a hunt today with fellow T-Netters the_mad_cladder and wv1978. It was a gorgeous Carolina day even though there was still some snow on the ground.
RxRWWw3.jpg

Rumor is there was some CW activity near one of the areas we were planning to hunt. The rumor proved to be true when I dug my first CW bullet. Unfortunately, I was so excited I didn't even think to get the camera out to get the insitu shot. :BangHead: That is the most excited I have been in a while to dig something.

Sorry for the bad pics but I couldn't even see my screen in the bright sun and snow glare, plus they were pretty far away!! (Faces have been obscured to protect identies.) :laughing7:

Cladder hot on the trail of a target.
x7gPvtA.jpg

Here's wv working his way back down the mountain.
HYdGoGK.jpg

After grabbing some lunch we hit a couple other areas and I was able to scrape up a couple silver Rosies. Even though I had my best silver year by far in 2017, I had only found 2 silvers since the week before Christmas so it was good to break out of the slump.

The holed coin is a 1991 25 Pesetas commemorative coin minted for the 1992 Summer Olympics in Barcelona. No value, but sort of interesting.

Between the snow and having been sick, I was due for a long day of detecting and it was great to get out and hunt with these guys. :thumbsup:

Here is a shot of the interesting finds. The bulllet is the star of the show today though. It's a little smashed, but I don't mind that a bit. GL & HH!!

55sauMx.jpg

Upvote 14

WaterScoop

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2017
SW Washington
Detector(s) used
Nox 800,
CTX 3030,
XP DEUS,
Excalibur II
Garrett AT Max,
Whites DFX,
Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I got my first CW minie ball last November having detected for 3 years. Best feeling in the world. I pounded another 27 out of that area that I stumbled upon at a public park. Mind blowing. Congratulations on your epic find my friend.

Last edited:

DiggerKid2003

Jul 5, 2014
Spotsylvania VA
Detector(s) used
Garret At Pro, Garret Pro Pointer, Wireless Z-Lynk headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Better late then never! I found a confederate button before I found a bullet. I guess it's all about luck. Anyways, nice find and there will be plenty more to come.

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on your first! Looks like a great hunt

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats! still on my bucket list. seeing as I live in western NY I am not getting any civil war stuff anytime soon.

Riggleman

Mar 7, 2016
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett AT Max, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 400, Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice and congratulations! Now that you've broken the ice theyll start showing up more often now.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Nice finds.

Last edited:

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Blade Runner, Congrat's to you on your First CW Minnie' Ball. Here's to many more to come your way. You will never forget the find of the first one. Glad you and Cladder and WV got out for a hunt.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions on the nice find! :occasion14:

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations!!! CW and Silver....sounds like the title of a country song I should write :headbang:

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats on your first CW bullet! That is such a nice piece of history. And a little silver too.

Good luck buddy.

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that you broke the ice you will find 5 more this year!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread