MalteseFalcon
Bronze Member
Firstly I have avoided posting my finds as of late. Too much other stuff taking my attention away.
For 5 weeks in a row, beginning in early July, every box I got (5) was a skunk. Pickings had gotten kinda slim just before the drought.
Last week, I got 7 40% halves, and a 1951-D Ben Franklin.
Today, I did slightly better, getting 10 40% halves and a 1964. Hopefully my local Brinks is getting some supplies from a different pallet of halves in a Fed somewhere. That drought was brutal!

And the early part of this year I did ok. I still have not had any spectacular boxes like some I have seen, and my oldest half so far is a 1918.
Still waiting on my first Barber. Naturally a Seated Liberty or something along those lines would be nice lol.
I wanted to go on a road trip last week, as I was on my yearly vacation, and could go to banks during banking hours.
Events conspired against me, and a customer did not pay me soon enough....got the money I would have used for the road trip on Saturday, at the END of the week. So the road trip did not happen.
Oh well.
I will see what happens next week, with my next box.
8)
Edit: Here is a photo of the halves I got last Friday, 8/29/08:
For 5 weeks in a row, beginning in early July, every box I got (5) was a skunk. Pickings had gotten kinda slim just before the drought.
Last week, I got 7 40% halves, and a 1951-D Ben Franklin.
Today, I did slightly better, getting 10 40% halves and a 1964. Hopefully my local Brinks is getting some supplies from a different pallet of halves in a Fed somewhere. That drought was brutal!

And the early part of this year I did ok. I still have not had any spectacular boxes like some I have seen, and my oldest half so far is a 1918.
Still waiting on my first Barber. Naturally a Seated Liberty or something along those lines would be nice lol.
I wanted to go on a road trip last week, as I was on my yearly vacation, and could go to banks during banking hours.
Events conspired against me, and a customer did not pay me soon enough....got the money I would have used for the road trip on Saturday, at the END of the week. So the road trip did not happen.
Oh well.
I will see what happens next week, with my next box.
8)
Edit: Here is a photo of the halves I got last Friday, 8/29/08:
Upvote
0







