What's new

FINALLY re-found my cool buckle

Murray8144

Hero Member
Joined
Aug 20, 2015
Messages
661
Reaction score
1,486
Golden Thread
0
Location
Essex County, NJ
Detector(s) used
eTrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This was literally my first find metal detecting (other than clad) this past summer. Didn't think much of it and it got misplaced somewhere in my house. Then in the last few weeks a couple folks posted identical pieces and I realized it might be notable. Searched all over the house for it it...no luck...until my wife found it just now. Assuming it's not a reproduction, it's a colonial shoe buckle.

image.webp
image.webp
 
Upvote 18
Pff, hell yeah that's a good looking buckle! I'm no buckle expert but I'd say that's some colonial history right there.
 
Thats a great find. Gotta be happy with that!
 
Good looking buckle and yeah I'd say colonial.

Regards + HH

Bill
 
I'd be back where you found it for sure. Clad or not! [emoji2]
 
You're on fire Murray, that's a sweet shoe buckle.
 
Real nice re-find!!
Ill tread you some clad for it?? Lol
 
It's a beauty ...I'd say 1760-1790 ..I love finding them..Congrats
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom