What's new

Finally Some Nice Points

Charl

Silver Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2012
Messages
3,091
Reaction score
4,794
Golden Thread
0
Location
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
A slow year. A friend offered to serve as my guide to some RI sites that included Late Paleo/Early Archaic material last weekend. Jumped at the opportunity. He found a nice crystal quartz triangle and a killer paper thin Brewerton Eared Triangle. It was found on edge, so not a true in-situ....
 

Attachments

  • image.webp
    image.webp
    245.9 KB · Views: 124
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    99.8 KB · Views: 120
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    71.6 KB · Views: 115
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    262.8 KB · Views: 108
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    132.4 KB · Views: 103
Upvote 0
killer pieces ,very nice
 
Thanks, Mark. The quartz was as thin as I've seen. I've got the tip upward in the photo in hand, and it might be a so-called crescent drill, with the one short arm being the business end....

Yes, after looking at it for a while I thought that short tip was the "business end" and I'd speculate tool rather than arrowhead, but one can never know for sure.
Again, nice finds.
 
Looks like a great hunt congrats...
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom