Finally, The River Dropped Enough To Get Some Gold

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
July15a.jpg

I finally got access to the North Saskatchewan River this afternoon, as the river level was dropping this afternoon. I managed to dig some gravel out out the river's edge, while also washing roots. I was amazed at how much gold was in those roots. I would guess that about 25% of my gold was root-gold. My buddy added legs to his Angus MacKirk Recon II river sluice, and screened a half bucket to 10 mesh. The current in the NSR managed to process the sand with it's rather slow current at this particular spot. A great day it was! Please......don't forget your mosquito repellant. Those little guys are pretty aggressive this year!

july15.jpg

Ohiogoldfever

Oct 15, 2020
Dayton Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 2036907
I finally got access to the North Saskatchewan River this afternoon, as the river level was dropping this afternoon. I managed to dig some gravel out out the river's edge, while also washing roots. I was amazed at how much gold was in those roots. I would guess that about 25% of my gold was root-gold. My buddy added legs to his Angus MacKirk Recon II river sluice, and screened a half bucket to 10 mesh. The current in the NSR managed to process the sand with it's rather slow current at this particular spot. A great day it was! Please......don't forget your mosquito repellant. Those little guys are pretty aggressive this year!

View attachment 2036908

You guys have a ton of gold in that river! Nice work

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread