Finally the silver thats eluded me (and another soap token)

Fourman110

Jun 22, 2013
Cedar Rapids IA area
Detector(s) used
Manticore
AT Pro
E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finally the silver that's eluded me (and another soap token)

I went to the same spot I'd found the soap token and Lincoln Highway donation reward (see http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/t...ields-token-lincoln-highway-strange-coin.html if you're interested in that). I found the CAMAY soap token in that same area. Apparently they liked soap tokens, but didn't care to cash them in.

Also found the lipstick case there. Can't remember the name of the manufacture but it was an early company. I'll add it in later. Most likely came after the 1920's but can't tell for sure. The guy the company was named after passed away in late 1910's or in 1920's. More on that later.

Went to another spot and found the small oil lamp burner. I was just commenting on someone else's post about finding a more complete burner, lamenting that I never find one then bam (by the way, I never find seated coins, hint detecting gods hint). It's pretty small and the wick was pretty tiny. I'm wondering if it wasn't just a pathway light or something.

Finally, the coins I found in a not so old park that I'd never hit before. It's not very big either but I guess the neighborhood comes from the 1930's. Most importantly I FINALLY found a silver quarter. I'm jealous of you coastal types that seem to find all kinds of old coins. In Iowa, we just didn't have the population for a long time to generate a lot (ya, I've hit a pile of houses as well). After three or so years of doing this and countless hours, I finally found one in the ground. Ironically I've found two in change over this period of time. Next to that pretty silver coin is a 1980s clad. I'm sure 50 years from now they won't even use them as scrap.

Found one wheat penny that was pretty crusted but had a neat patina. I put it next to a crusty zinc which will disappear in the ground after just a little bit. Also found what I believe is a kids play Japanese Yen coin. Can't really read it very well after I cleaned it, but I could make out some light markings.

As always thanks for looking at my post!

20151102_070000.jpg 20151102_070022.jpg 20151102_070040.jpg 20151102_070050.jpg

Upvote 6

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
The patent date is usually on the adjustment wheel (knob) of that oil lamp. See if it is legible... mine never are...

Congrats on scoring the quarter. I had the most distasteful job of watching my buddy Todd dig one on Saturday. It is odd how awesome they look, when I dig one up, but how horrid they look when Todd does. Odd, huh?

Best of luck to you in your search!

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice job on the silver Washington & Token. Those are a couple of nice finds.

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your first silver Washington !!...I remember digging approx 75,000 clad ones before scoring my first...and O what a feeling when u see shiny in the hole !...Thing is, now you'll start finding them every other hunt or so...at least let's hope so..great stuff..enjoy your shiny silver quarter...ddf

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread