Finally Tried The Discovery 3300

WormtownHunter

Jun 14, 2006
Worcester, Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-70 Pro
I finally got a chance to try out the 3300 after waiting about a week for a day off from work, and I have to say that I am impressed with the performance of this detector.

I tried her out at a friends house that dates back to pre-1930 or so, and I was at first very unsure if this 3300 could compare to my GTAx 550 & 1266-X. It did not take long to find out. I have hunted my friend's yard with both of my more "expensive" units and have had a little bit of luck in the wheat cents department, and have probably removed almost all of the trash he had underground

I started up the 3300 and the detector was just fine at the preset ground balance, so I began to hunt with a slow sweeping motion. After about 5 minutes I got a solid hit in the half dollar area on the VDI and tried out the pinpoint feature. Sure enough the pinpointer was dead accurate and said the target was about 4" under the soil. After carefully probing and cutting a plug, my first find with the 3300 was a copper spoon ring in great shape with an intricate leaf pattern. The depth was pretty much accurate also, as the actual depth was a shade over 3 1/2"

I also managed to pull about $1.32 in clad out of his backyard, that I know my Garrett & Fisher had missed.

All in all, I am very happy so far with this detector, and would like to give Bounty Hunter a thumbs up for making a lightweight unit that is really fun to use.

Happy Hunting Everybody!

Barry

J

johnakajohn

i got my girlfriend one. to keep her away from my 6000. ive been using it. and was impressed. super lite. for 100 bucks ya cant go wrong.

johnakajohn.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions