Manticore User’s Manual info

mgtmadness

Dec 25, 2009
Bath ,NY
Detector(s) used
Spectra V3i
Do they still come with a paperback manual? I was thinking of getting the Manticore. Buyers remorse is already in my ear talking.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think so. Most all manuals are online now. Not a big deal. You can either access it there on the MInelab site, or, download it and print it out.

mgtmadness

Dec 25, 2009
Bath ,NY
Detector(s) used
Spectra V3i
Thank You for your answer.
I would rather have a legit paperback printed model, than having to download a pdf and printing it out or reading it on screen. That is like buying a new vehicle and the manual is not in the glove box anymore but online in pdf form. IMO that is total #@$%.

robertk

Bronze Member
May 16, 2023
Missouri
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
White's Spectra v3i
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Whites Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would rather have a legit paperback printed model, than having to download a pdf and printing it out or reading it on screen
That’s the way most everything is these days. The worst are the ones that include a manual, but the only thing in it is a QR code to scan to get the one online.

mgtmadness

Dec 25, 2009
Bath ,NY
Detector(s) used
Spectra V3i
A legit paperback is much better in looks and feel and handling than loose A2 printed paper.

Bucket Lister

Dec 20, 2023
Detector(s) used
XP Dēus II
XP MI-6
XP WSA II-XL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Agreed. It's hard to RTFM when there's no FMTR.
Dēus II came with a printed "manual" as did the MI-4/6 but both are very basic.

I re-edited my own for the MI-6, and I'm working on the Dēus II, but that'll take considerably longer. This should save my originals, and reorganize things so I can find them faster.

OP
OP
tnsharpshooter

tnsharpshooter

Jul 10, 2012
Tn
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus 2, Xp Deus 1, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Saves trees I guess.
Plus updatable detector the hard copy could go outdated with time and more updates.

mgtmadness

Dec 25, 2009
Bath ,NY
Detector(s) used
Spectra V3i
Saves trees I guess.
Plus updatable detector the hard copy could go outdated with time and more updates.
Only parts would be outdated. So i had to go online and order a manual. I get headaches and my eyes hurt from looking at screens.

Scanman

Jul 27, 2013
NW MI
Detector(s) used
Manticore
GoFind66
ProFind40
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
3rd party manual available on Amazon looks like it might have the latest update from page count of 83 pages?

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Saves trees I guess.
Yup, and also saving costs was probably even higher on their list. Much easier to update the digital manual also. :icon_thumleft:

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Only parts would be outdated. So i had to go online and order a manual. I get headaches and my eyes hurt from looking at screens.
What if you didn't have your manual with you and you needed to look something up? At least with it available online, you can look it up just about anywhere in the world with your cell phone.

robertk

Bronze Member
May 16, 2023
Missouri
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
White's Spectra v3i
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Whites Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What if you didn't have your manual with you and you needed to look something up? At least with it available online, you can look it up just about anywhere in the world with your cell phone.
There are a LOT of places where I go that there is no cell service, or what little there is, isn't really usable. So in that case, if the paper manual is at home, you're just out of luck.

MackDog

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2013
Spokane Wa
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro, 8 x11" and Nel Storm coils
Garrett Propointer er, Pro Pointer AT
White's V3i Standard, 10" DD, 13" Ultimate and 4 x6" sniper, 6 x10 coils, Drect 12 x 15 coil
Whites MX Sport With Detec
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thank You for your answer.
I would rather have a legit paperback printed model, than having to download a pdf and printing it out or reading it on screen. That is like buying a new vehicle and the manual is not in the glove box anymore but online in pdf form. IMO that is total #@$%.
I have it on my phone and IPAD makes it very convienent inj the field

The Rebel

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2011
Southwest, CT
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Spectra V3i with wireless headphones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just download it and print it, it's easy.

Bucket Lister

Dec 20, 2023
Detector(s) used
XP Dēus II
XP MI-6
XP WSA II-XL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There are a LOT of places where I go that there is no cell service, or what little there is, isn't really usable. So in that case, if the paper manual is at home, you're just out of luck.
That's why I make "field copies"--either photocopies or my own edited versions--and leave the originals at home. 😉

I have it on my phone and IPAD makes it very convienent inj the field
If one owns a smart phone and iPad.

Just download it and print it, it's easy.
See post #9: Screens give him eye strain & headaches. I can relate; there was a time I couldn't look at a screen for more than 10-20 minutes without getting a whopping migraine. It's gotten better over time, but I still have to be careful... Frequent breaks. Same applies to MD.

And some changes are easier for some to assimilate than others. :dontknow:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread