Find arrowheads by driving sticks in ground??? Hoax??

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The same principle I used walking creeks and streams looking for artifacts around fallen trees, branches, logs, brush, rocks anything that blocks the flow of the current.

Unless there are an awful lot of artifacts on the river bank that is washing down the bank this way will not produce much at all.

joshuaream

Silver Member
Jun 25, 2009
Florida & Hong Kong
He's screening/sifting sites along the Ohio river. It's not particularly hard to find a little village/camp eroding out along the banks.

Looking at the shovel in one of the videos, he's moving a lot of sand/dirt. He could probably wear a pink bikini and claim that helps him find rocks, but sifting a lot of soil on a productive site has more to do with it than any tricks or gimmicks for finding more artifacts.

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think the guy doing this video really believes it. Which is really sad. Or he is playing people for fools. Which is even sadder. I think it is the second choice. I hunted arrowheads all my life. The sand is deep where he is for it appears he is on wrong bend/spot in river, so he is not to be trusted. In my humble opinion.

Last edited:

joshuaream

Silver Member
Jun 25, 2009
Florida & Hong Kong
I think the guy doing this video really believes it. Which is really sad. Or he is playing people for fools. Which is even sadder. I think it is the second choice. I hunted arrowheads all my life. The sand is deep where he is for on wrong bend/spot in river, so he is not to be trusted. In my humble opinion.

I might be wrong, but judging by his videos, it looks like he's tying to make some money from his youtube channel. Not a bad thing, but with artifacts, fossils, metal detecting, etc. it seems like it leads to a lot of overdone excitement about every single find, combined with comments like "smash that like button." Every find is rare, one of the best ever, mixed with some soap opera drama about how dangerous a potential situation can be. (The first few seconds of the video above as an example.)

Aside from insitus and clean up shots, how many of our hunts would make for good TV? It's hard to find enough stuff, consistently to make for a lot of interesting videos. Heck, boring and quiet in nature is one of the things I like about a day looking for relics.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Drive a stick by an old trash pit, a
person coul probably dig a sack full of old bottles.

Indian Steve

Silver Member
Oct 23, 2011
Stuart VA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Many years ago, I was planting pine seedlings in South Carolina on a clearcut/ burn site that was known for having nice crystals. The ground was rotted feldspar with occasional bands of quartz. I would follow the bands of quartz, looking for facetted pieces & then dig crystals. One day, three guys came into our camp and told us they were professional crystal hunters. I showed them what i found and they begged me to show them where to dig. They offered me an ounce of weed for my time. I told them to come back in two days and i would show them where to dig. The next day while planting, I found a few crystals on top, picked them up and fixed the spots in my mind. The next day the guys showed up and i led them onto the site. They asked how I knew where to dig and i explained that i could feel the crystals calling me. When i got near the spots that i had found the day before, I raised my arms like Moses parting the Red Sea and started shaking and waiving my arms around and then would point at the ground and say dig here. They dug and found crystals. I played my part 3 times and each time they dug crystal. At the end of the day, they gave me an ounce of good weed and asked for my address & phone number. For several years after that, I would get phone calls from the "professional Crystal hunters" begging me to come show them where to dig. It sounds like your friend is playing with you like i did those guys.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I watched most of that and I don't know what to say. Bless his heart, he probably could have dug that before he stuck some sticks in the ground.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread