What's new

Find Buried Treasure with a Digital Camera?

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Joined
Mar 10, 2007
Messages
6,518
Reaction score
6,926
Golden Thread
0
Location
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone have any success with this?


 
Nope. Haven't tried it.

Did you notice the clothes pins strategically located on the line above? Looks like something was buried there, marked for future reference, and recovered, doesn't it? Something that would be natural to the area, is not glaringly out of place, and yet ... bingo!

Of course, had I buried 4 British Sovereigns for later recovery, I would not have left the recovery to chance, either.

No mention of what filter was used in the camera. I suppose you have to buy the book to get that information. Infrafred, perhaps? Infrared filter on cameras certainly will show up old trails when photos taken from aerial view, say 1,000 feet above. Don't know that they would work that well under water, but it is an interesting concept.

I don't understand the use of the word "aura" here. If this is the "signature" for gold, then it is not an aura, is it? Then again, could just be a difference in language, I suppose.
 
I dont see the aura? where and what should I be looking for? I am red/green color blind....maybe thats where Im missing it.
 
I'm going to have to call this one bunk. notice the quick edit between digging and "finding" the coins? plus those coins look waaayyyyyy too clean for having just been dug.
 
Lakemonster said:
I dont see the aura? where and what should I be looking for? I am red/green color blind....maybe thats where Im missing it.
I saw a dark reddish halo area, with sort of a zigzag reddish streak nearby. You may be right.
 
I love how he carfully pinpointed the target, and with great effort, and whilst throwing all caution to the wind, lunges forth and halfhazardly thrusts the digger tool, with a mighty and randomly placed blow, from far above, into the ground, wrecking the lawn, and miraculously retrieving the gold coins. Oh my Gawd....give me a break, Pawleeeeeezzzz. :hello2: :laughing7: :dontknow: :help: :BangHead: ??? :o ;D :laughing9: :tongue3:
 
notice too at about 3.10 or so, he digs the bomb crater, but does not check the hole or massive chunks of lawn with his tecter, he just sticks his grubby paws into the center of the crater and Viola! Its a queen of bunk videos, and a bunk video of kings. Digital Camera notwithstanding. I love this crap.
 
Absolute rubbish ! The clue is that all the people pushing the theory live in sheds, drive sheds and can't afford any good detecting equipment.
You are supposed to fit an infrared filter (720-1000 mm) depending on the digital camera type. Pre digital you used Polaroid cameras like the old SX-70 but dear, dear the film was "so expensive".

Now as this looks like his back garden how come the gold sovereigns were not found years back when he was pushing the Polaroid method ?
As with the "long range locators" why aren't the people who push these "methods" driving big cars and living in even bigger houses. The answer is there's not enough mugs around to buy into the system.
 
In his defense he does say earlier the coins were purposely buried there two years ago. Doesn't mean I believe any of his claims he found them with the camera. He buried them two years ago and knew exactly where and what to look for with the md. He's relying on the PT Barnum guide to success. :laughing7: :laughing7:
 
OldNBroken said:
In his defense he does say earlier the coins were purposely buried there two years ago. Doesn't mean I believe any of his claims he found them with the camera. He buried them two years ago and knew exactly where and what to look for with the md. He's relying on the PT Barnum guide to success. :laughing7: :laughing7:


I believe the point he was trying to make was that the camera with filter could capture a telltale aura above buried gold.
He then used his metal detector to re-locate and dig up his previously buried coins to prove that gold really was buried under the area of the aura.
 
GoodyGuy said:
OldNBroken said:
In his defense he does say earlier the coins were purposely buried there two years ago. Doesn't mean I believe any of his claims he found them with the camera. He buried them two years ago and knew exactly where and what to look for with the md. He's relying on the PT Barnum guide to success. :laughing7: :laughing7:


I believe the point he was trying to make was that the camera with filter could capture a telltale aura above buried gold.
He then used his metal detector to re-locate and dig up his previously buried coins to prove that gold really was buried under the area of the aura.

Gold aura...it has such a sexy aura about it - doesn't it?

There's no doubt imagery - whether it's digital or film, especially when enhanced.... can show things hereunto undiscovered. (disturbed soil, and other anomalous features)

... but it's my professional opinion, (for what it's worth) that there is no halo or aura associated with precious metals. A complete waste of time IMHO - now - this is something that can be tested - and proven - so PLEASE prove me wrong! ;D

This video shows nothing besides a guy in his backyard, showing red in an image- in the infrared range a sign of actively growing vegetation.

If it were the gold producing this red - SURELY - the same halo would be there in winter! (what a coincidence it was done on a warm sunny day!)

Challenge this guy to produce this image TODAY.

Garbage science. Sorry.
 
Marc said:
GoodyGuy said:
OldNBroken said:
In his defense he does say earlier the coins were purposely buried there two years ago. Doesn't mean I believe any of his claims he found them with the camera. He buried them two years ago and knew exactly where and what to look for with the md. He's relying on the PT Barnum guide to success. :laughing7: :laughing7:


I believe the point he was trying to make was that the camera with filter could capture a telltale aura above buried gold.
He then used his metal detector to re-locate and dig up his previously buried coins to prove that gold really was buried under the area of the aura.

Gold aura...it has such a sexy aura about it - doesn't it?

There's no doubt imagery - whether it's digital or film, especially when enhanced.... can show things hereunto undiscovered. (disturbed soil, and other anomalous features)

... but it's my professional opinion, (for what it's worth) that there is no halo or aura associated with precious metals. A complete waste of time IMHO - now - this is something that can be tested - and proven - so PLEASE prove me wrong! ;D

This video shows nothing besides a guy in his backyard, showing red in an image- in the infrared range a sign of actively growing vegetation.

If it were the gold producing this red - SURELY - the same halo would be there in winter! (what a coincidence it was done on a warm sunny day!)

Challenge this guy to produce this image TODAY.

Garbage science. Sorry.

:icon_thumleft:
 
It's easy to take a known target, photograph it so that the target is in the middle of the photo, and then twiddle with it endlessly in photoshop until something eventually shows. You KNOW that the target is there so you literally won't stop trying different filters until you eventually come up with something. If nothing shows then you must be doing something wrong right? You want this to work so badly that you become blind to the possibility that it is all just hogwash.

Instead, give the guy a photo of a field where it is not known whether or not a gold target exists. He's going to try a few things and realize that he has no idea where in the photo to concentrate his efforts. He will also not know the difference between a no target scenario and one where a target does exist but he's simply tried the wrong settings. In short, he will just give up after a few minutes and declare that there is nothing there. And how would one go about proving that he had indeed missed a target by giving up? By digging up the entire field of course! And who's really going to take the time to do that in order to prove that this technique doesn't work? Certainly not the authors who have a vested interest in getting you to buy their book. ;D

By the way... this topic has already been debated here several times. Here is one such example:

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php?topic=247873.0

Full disclosure... the creator of that thread also wrote a book on the topic. I wonder what his motives were for creating that thread in the first place? :wink:
 
In my humble opinion a person would have equal success using a Swingline Stapler with a car antennae from a 1956 Nash Rambler. :coffee2:
 
stefen said:
In my humble opinion a person would have equal success using a Swingline Stapler with a car antennae from a 1956 Nash Rambler. :coffee2:

Yeah whatever Stefen...it's obvious you are just a shill for Swingline! :laughing7: :laughing7:
 
Marc said:
Gold aura...it has such a sexy aura about it - doesn't it?

There's no doubt imagery - whether it's digital or film, especially when enhanced.... can show things hereunto undiscovered. (disturbed soil, and other anomalous features)

... but it's my professional opinion, (for what it's worth) that there is no halo or aura associated with precious metals. A complete waste of time IMHO - now - this is something that can be tested - and proven - so PLEASE prove me wrong! ;D

This video shows nothing besides a guy in his backyard, showing red in an image- in the infrared range a sign of actively growing vegetation.

If it were the gold producing this red - SURELY - the same halo would be there in winter! (what a coincidence it was done on a warm sunny day!)

Challenge this guy to produce this image TODAY.

Garbage science. Sorry.

Aura? Don't know. Oro? Uh, yep. But isn't that pronounced somewhat differently? Awe vs. O?

As for junk science: I have an uncle who has a Ph.D. in physics, and worked with Carl Sagan on his Nature series. He also uses a willow switch to successfully witch for water. I've seen him do this. It is, to my knowledge, not "junk science." But that doesn't mean it works for everyone, as I have tried it as well, without much to show for it. I never did get a strong reading for water where my uncle did. :icon_scratch: :icon_scratch: What I can say for certain is that it didn't work for me.
 
Tuberale said:
Marc said:
Gold aura...it has such a sexy aura about it - doesn't it?

There's no doubt imagery - whether it's digital or film, especially when enhanced.... can show things hereunto undiscovered. (disturbed soil, and other anomalous features)

... but it's my professional opinion, (for what it's worth) that there is no halo or aura associated with precious metals. A complete waste of time IMHO - now - this is something that can be tested - and proven - so PLEASE prove me wrong! ;D

This video shows nothing besides a guy in his backyard, showing red in an image- in the infrared range a sign of actively growing vegetation.

If it were the gold producing this red - SURELY - the same halo would be there in winter! (what a coincidence it was done on a warm sunny day!)

Challenge this guy to produce this image TODAY.

Garbage science. Sorry.

Aura? Don't know. Oro? Uh, yep. But isn't that pronounced somewhat differently? Awe vs. O?

As for junk science: I have an uncle who has a Ph.D. in physics, and worked with Carl Sagan on his Nature series. He also uses a willow switch to successfully witch for water. I've seen him do this. It is, to my knowledge, not "junk science." But that doesn't mean it works for everyone, as I have tried it as well, without much to show for it. I never did get a strong reading for water where my uncle did. :icon_scratch: :icon_scratch: What I can say for certain is that it didn't work for me.

Apples and oranges.
 
I live here in Lima, Peru. We have a very long history of gold, but we don't use a camera to find it. Here the aura from buried gold and silver can apear to the naked eye. One would question how a metal such as gold and silver could cause an aura. I asked a friend of mine who has worked his whole life in mining to answer this for me. I asked him if gold is incorruptable then how is there a reaction that is causing such an effect. He responded to me by saying that gold in itself when it is pure does not cause a reaction that can be detected such as in an aura. But gold such as is buried here in Peru is not pure. The Incas who made such articles as ceramonial masks or religious figures would mix in other elements such as silver and coper to harden that which they had made. He explained that when the articles would come into contact with the moisture in the earth it was this contact that would cause the reaction. Here the aura as is referd to is known as a type of gas called Antimonio. Caves are known to glow with a bluish hue caused by this affect. Another interesting point is that it is well known that to breath this gas or to even allow it to be absorbed in to the pores of your skin will cause a quick death.
 
WHAT ABOUT THE DETECTOR HE WAS SWINGING
IT SOUNDED LIKE AMERICAN MADE
TESORO
MADE FOR THE EUROPEANS
 
Thanks for the post. I love the out of the box, challenge the status quo, why not try it, kind of thinking.
But even if it was 100% true, and not bunk, did you see the size of the Gold coins? That's about 2 summers of digging and processing flake or micro gold, and smelting them together to make up his 4 coins.
I've always wanted to try it out on cliffs.
We have a ton of cliffs and rocks that have been sheared. If I caught a vein that actually had a lump of gold, it might show up. I'd have to get the camera and lens as a present though, or for free!
I'm curious and cheap, not stupid...lol.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom