What's new

Find Buried Treasure with a Digital Camera?

To me the coins were planted by this guy and he was there to sell books……...
 
So the dead horse is dragged up one more time for a beating! Hay, I have been in photography since the 50's. I worked with infrared film and also filters. They show heat patterns. In normal use a camera shows light patterns. There is no aura from gold. The Earth is a good insulator so the heat from the sun does not penetrate well so it would not likely reach gold in the ground. OH, I have experimented with gold on the ground and have been unabled to detect any aura or other output from the gold. Sure on the surface it will heat up and give a heat signature as an image, but so will almost anything. You can take a picture of a house and see the heat leaking out. I use to do this for a heating / insulation contractor. It sure sold insulation. Frank...
111-1 profileRED.webp
 

Attachments

  • 111-1 profile.webp
    111-1 profile.webp
    25.1 KB · Views: 97
Hey Frankn, would my cliff scenario work if a vein was poking out, on the sun baked cliff and rocks. We have a lot of granite in our cliffs, would the granite heat up as much as gold?
 
I never actually measured the temperature of rock as compared to gold. You can easily check it with a digital Infrared thermometer. It would show smaller variations then trying to guess looking at a photo. You are talking about surface temps here, not buried objects. You can get the thermometer at Harbor freight for about $26. Asorbed heat is different from reflected heat. Keep this in mind. You can touch a sheet of aluminum which is exposed to the sun, but the reflected heat will burn you. 111-1 profile.webpFrank...
 
Thanks Frankn, I see what you mean, look for surface temp. My partner actually has a laser heat sensor, he jumps out of his stock car after every race and points it at his tires to see how hot he's running.
Would having something like that at your disposal help us, miner/prospectors any? I appreciate the advise!
 
Thanks Frankn, I see what you mean, look for surface temp. My partner actually has a laser heat sensor, he jumps out of his stock car after every race and points it at his tires to see how hot he's running. Would having something like that at your disposal help us, miner/prospectors any? I appreciate the advise!
That sounds like the same thing I told you about. I have never used it prospecting, but I have used it for checking cooked items, heat buildup in vehicles, checking the surface temp. of wood burning heaters etc. Frank...hand print-2_edited-5.webp
 
Anyone seen my stapler?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom