What's new

✅ SOLVED Find from 1819 farmhouse.

Noah_D

Bronze Member
Joined
Dec 14, 2017
Messages
1,597
Reaction score
3,492
Golden Thread
0
Location
Illinois (prev. NE Ohio)
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+, Garrett ACE 300, Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I found this detecting a field next to a big old brick house dating back to sometime between 1801 and 1819. I'm sorry about the poor photos, I thought I had some better ones but I can't find them now. Does anyone have any idea what or how old it is? Any thoughts or opinions would be appreciated.
IMG_3277.webpIMG_3279.webpIMG_3280.webp
The bottom appears to be threaded slightly and, although you can't see it in any of the pictures, the knobby looking thing at the top is a loop. Thanks all!
 
Part of a toilet seat hinge
 
Upvote 0
Part of a toilet seat hinge
I think you nailed it Creskol! I was thinking some sort of antique horse tack/farming relic and I would have never guessed toilet seat hinge.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom