My children and a good stick.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• find the worked flint.jpg
    find the worked flint.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 659
Upvote 0
I have some family in northern Alabama, when I visit I find lots of arrowheads in the freshly plowed fields after a hard rain. When you walk the field they are easy to spot because they are on top of little dirt "pillars"! In a good field after a hard rain, I have found a gallon of them in a couple of hours! HH omnicognic 8)

lol ;D ::) ;D
this is mostly for the new hunters that keep asking what to look for.. too easy for the pro's... :P
i'll mark and repost later on...
searcher

top right is the unfinished point... ;D

Attachments

• find the worked flint.jpg
    find the worked flint.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 596
Tried it before the rain and all I found was a horseshoe! to much of a dirt covering yet. How big are the points you circled? Smaller than a dime?

only one of those is an unfinished point... it's 1-1/8 in. long, 3/8in wide. the others are just pressure flakes about the size of a nickle. dave45 is right about the rain. i just don't like the mud problem... ::)
the smallest complete point i've found to date was only 3/8in long.
just found an incomplete point this morning going to feed my horses.
look for shapes that don't belong.. angles, worked looking etc. sometimes you'll only see an edge, or back, or tip.
mding is almost easier because you have tech. on your side, point hunting (minus the backhoe and screens) is just you and the outside world...
H.H. searcher

it would count if they were actual animal scat...not just blackish rocks! lol
searcher

omnicognic said:
I have some family in northern Alabama, when I visit I find lots of arrowheads in the freshly plowed fields after a hard rain. When you walk the field they are easy to spot because they are on top of little dirt "pillars"! In a good field after a hard rain, I have found a gallon of them in a couple of hours! HH omnicognic? 8)

Now you're talkin' that's the way we hunted... spring rains and spring plowing = nice rocks ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back