What's new

Find Totals after $30,000 in halves

seattleMD

Full Member
Joined
Dec 31, 2007
Messages
102
Reaction score
2
Golden Thread
0
After starting my coin roll hunting adventures at the end of February, I've searched through nearly $30,000 worth of halves (averaging about $3,000 a week) and my find totals are as follows:

(52) 40% kennedy halves ('65 - '69)
(1) 90% kennedy half (1964)
(1) 90% benjamin (1958)
(~25) NIFC (not including proof)
(3) kennedy circulated proofs

my best box had 8 silver coins in it and around 25% of my boxes were skunks.

....

I want LJ's system of finding hoards of silver every day.
 
Upvote 0
thats terrrrriblll as charles barkley would say my grandma finds more silver than that and shes blind lol jk

hit up the poor parts of town in the middle of nowhwere
 
Heres to some better boxes in the future SMD, may you punch into a huge silve vein , Ed
 
seattleMD said:
After starting my coin roll hunting adventures at the end of February, I've searched through nearly $30,000 worth of halves (averaging about $3,000 a week) and my find totals are as follows:

(52) 40% kennedy halves ('65 - '69)
(1) 90% kennedy half (1964)
(1) 90% benjamin (1958)
(~25) NIFC (not including proof)
(3) kennedy circulated proofs

my best box had 8 silver coins in it and around 25% of my boxes were skunks.

....

I want LJ's system of finding hoards of silver every day.


What brand of rolls have you been getting?

Jim
 
I am sorry to hear that after 60 boxes you didn't come up with more SMD. Boxes haven't been too great lately for anyone that I see. There is an occasional good one here and there.

As for my system......it hasn't been very good either. Like I said an occasional good one here and there. Just to give you an idea.......4 boxes today produced 3 40%...1 90% and 1 proof......ouch. On days that I don't post my finds....you know it wasn't a good one....ha.......like today.

Hang in there......I wish you the best of luck.
 
... btw, aside from ordering from a different bank or road-tripping to get loose halves, I don't believe there is any other way to improve my luck. It doesn't matter what branch I order from, they all come from the same state supporting vault, which when it runs lows, orders from the same coin rolling companies.
 
I have been doing 12 to 15 boxes a week, and am having similar results. If I find 1 keeper coin in a box I consider myself lucky these days. I have been averaging between 10 to 30 keepers (silver content) a week this year. I think I only had 1 or 2 good weeks where Ive booked more than 40 keepers.

It's been like this weeks take for a while now. 2 boxes with a few silver coins for every 10 I go through. This week I did 12 boxes. 3 had keepers 9 were skunk.

Grand total 11-40% 1-Ben Franklin.

In addition I found 6-40%'s cold calling. All of them were loose in teller trays. None in the 30 or so rolls I managed to find.

HH Mojo
 
seattleMD said:
After starting my coin roll hunting adventures at the end of February, I've searched through nearly $30,000 worth of halves (averaging about $3,000 a week) and my find totals are as follows:

(52) 40% kennedy halves ('65 - '69)
(1) 90% kennedy half (1964)
(1) 90% benjamin (1958)
(~25) NIFC (not including proof)
(3) kennedy circulated proofs

Holy schmoly, that's terrible numbers. Sorry to hear that. :P
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom