What's new

Finding indian heads CRH?

terryin pa

Full Member
Joined
Nov 15, 2008
Messages
138
Reaction score
13
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was wondering if someone had an avarage on how often an indian head popped up while seraching penny rolls? I've been thru about 15 boxes of rolls and none so far.
 
Upvote 0
According to TXTim (which is a penny searching animal) he says he gets an IH about every 40 boxes.

Hope this helps,
Jason
 
My find rate on Indian Head cents is a lot lower than than.

In 2008....I have found 3 out of 1,137,937 pennies searched which works out to about 1 every 158.5 boxes.


2007 was a bit better with 6 out of 976,487 pennies searched which is about 1 every 65 boxes.
 
In 2008 I found 2 INdian Head pennies after about 540,000 (give or take) pennies searched. That's one every 270,000 pennies, or 1 every 108 boxes.

I would think that finding one every 100 boxes might be about right, seeing what others have written.
 
I have found 2 (1888, 1900) from CRHing. I average one every 13 boxes.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom