What's new

Finding Silver

Viking22

Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 16, 2017
Messages
23
Reaction score
45
Golden Thread
0
Location
Pineville West Virginia
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have found a lot of clad while hunting, which is fun,but I would like to
find my first silver. Just a few questions. 1.Does the silver ring differently on
the detectors? 2. Does the silver tarnish when its been in the ground.
Thanks Kevin. I have hunted some old school,but others have been there
before me. Will keep on Hunting.
 
depends what detector you have and some times it will be tarnished
 
typically, silver will not sound any different from clad coins. Most of the time, silver comes out of the ground clean and shiny (mostly) but if your ground has a lot of minerals or is wet a lot of the time they can be very highly tarnished. Even the tarnished ones still look different from tarnished clad
 
I have had rosies come out nearly black but cleaned up pretty well. sometimes what I think will be a memorial or even a clad dime turns out to be a silver. my IHs were supposed to be zincoids. pull tabs and pull rings can turn out to be gold, just keep plugging away at it. you might look at my post in General Discussion on permissions. DL
 
If you want do find some silver, you can increase your odds by getting permissions to hunt old properties, especially those with homes from the 1800's thru the 1950's. Most of my silver coins came out as shiny as the day they were dropped. In one area about 20 miles from home they came out with a greasy grey film. Good Luck, my fingers are crossed as I want to see you post your 1st silver coin find. :icon_thumleft:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom