OP
architecad

architecad

Nov 25, 2008
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett CX-II, GTI 2500, Sea hunter, Eagle Eye two box
aarthrj3811 said:
Hey arch..I own a Omni Range master which at this time is in use at my son’s gold claim in Alaska..My Gold Prospector is in Oregon and his two box detectors is here with me..My Si-go is in Sacramento with my grandson..The only tool I have here is my Ranger Tell Examiner...Art

Hey Art

I combine Metal detector (Garrett) with the MFD. It's the best combination.

Arch

EE THr

Silver Member
Apr 21, 2008
Central California
aarthrj3811 said:
~EE~
When I asked you how you knew it was gold, you mentioned an acid test kit.
How do you test micro gold with that? Do you rub a microscopic particle of gold on your test stone, or what?
I have read many times about people thinking they found gold, but it was not. So how do you know?

You can always use the methods used by gold prospectors for over a century..Crush the stone, pour in a little mercury, stir it a little, put in a bowl and burn the mercury off with 90% nitric acid..Warning..please do not do this experiment unless you know how to safely handle these two products.
The easiest way to check for gold would be with your LRL or a baited set of dowsing Rods..Art

90% is known as "fuming nitric acid," it is never put in a gold testing kit, and nobody in their right mind would use it for that.

:sign13:

A Dozen Points Proving LRL Fraud These points have never been rationally refuted.
"The level of sanity or insanity of the subject matter, determines the level of sanity or insanity of the two-way communication attainable in any discussion."

EE THr

Silver Member
Apr 21, 2008
Central California
architecad said:
aarthrj3811 said:
~EE~
How do you test micro gold with that? Do you rub a microscopic particle of gold on your test stone, or what?
I have read many times about people thinking they found gold, but it was not. So how do you know?

You can always use the methods used by gold prospectors for over a century..Crush the stone, pour in a little mercury, stir it a little, put in a bowl and burn the mercury off with 90% nitric acid..Warning..please do not do this experiment unless you know how to safely handle these two products.
The easiest way to check for gold would be with your LRL or a baited set of dowsing Rods..Art

I use gold test by Kellyco

Arch

That's interesting. What is in their test, and how is it applied?

OP
OP
architecad

architecad

Nov 25, 2008
Maryland
Detector(s) used
EE THr said:
architecad said:
Excuse me!!!...Would you believe whatever I answer?

Arch

I would at least believe that you know how to test for gold.

So far, it seems that you don't, and are using the same excuse as for not taking a double-blind test.

Which gives me the same opinion, for the same reasons.

What do you expect people to think?

A Dozen Points Proving LRL Fraud These points have never been rationally refuted.
"The level of sanity or insanity of the subject matter, determines the level of sanity or insanity of the two-way communication attainable in any discussion."

Excuse me to take time to respond you, I got you in "Ignore member mode". Whatever,....Like I said before, Nobody in this forum(users of MFD and LRL) will work to convince you or convince any skeptics. It's worthless because we got nothing do it. Everything I know how to test gold, I'm the only one to know. When I start to work with gold again(which is soon) like 90's you will see in photos my finds and my gold test. Just stick around waiting for me like a little dog waiting for its owner in the corner!! :laughing7: :laughing7:

Arch

OP
OP
architecad

architecad

Nov 25, 2008
Maryland
Detector(s) used
EE THr said:
aarthrj3811 said:
~EE~

90% is known as "fuming nitric acid," it is never put in a gold testing kit, and nobody in their right mind would use it for that.

You said in another forum that you use "lemon" to test gold!! :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: Jesus!!

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
~EE~
So far, it seems that you don't, and are using the same excuse as for not taking a double-blind test.
My point of view is clearly stated at http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,411065.0.html
Random Double-Blind Tests for LRLs
I don’t think much about what the skeptics think..The only people who count are family, friends and fellow Treasure Hunters..Art

EE THr

Silver Member
Apr 21, 2008
Central California
architecad said:
EE THr said:
aarthrj3811 said:
~EE~

You said in another forum that you use "lemon" to test gold!! :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: Jesus!!

I don't think so. Which other forum?

EE THr

Silver Member
Apr 21, 2008
Central California
architecad said:
EE THr said:
architecad said:

Arch

Excuse me to take time to respond you, I got you in "Ignore member mode". Whatever,....Like I said before, Nobody in this forum(users of MFD and LRL) will work to convince you or convince any skeptics. It's worthless because we got nothing do it. Everything I know how to test gold, I'm the only one to know. When I start to work with gold again(which is soon) like 90's you will see in photos my finds and my gold test. Just stick around waiting for me like a little dog waiting for its owner in the corner!! :laughing7: :laughing7:

Arch

You keep claiming that you are only here to help others, so you can help them by sharing your gold testing method. How do you do it?

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
~EE~
I don’t know if that is true or not...I have never bought a gold testing kit...Please note that I warned people not to use it if they do not know how to handle it properly..I know how to use it properly and it is no problem at all

OP
OP
architecad

architecad

Nov 25, 2008
Maryland
Detector(s) used
EE THr said:
architecad said:
EE THr said:
architecad said:

Arch

Arch

You keep claiming that you are only here to help others, so you can help them by sharing your gold testing method. How do you do it?

Ok EE, do you want to play Tennis with me? I invite you instead play fruitless games with your question :-\

Arch

EE THr

Silver Member
Apr 21, 2008
Central California
aarthrj3811 said:
~EE~
I don’t know if that is true or not...I have never bought a gold testing kit...Please note that I warned people not to use it if they do not know how to handle it properly..I know how to use it properly and it is no problem at all

If you really knew anything about safety, you wouldn't be using mercury.

EE THr

Silver Member
Apr 21, 2008
Central California
architecad said:
EE THr said:
architecad said:
EE THr said:
architecad said:

Arch

Arch

Ok EE, do you want to play Tennis with me? I invite you instead play fruitless games with your question :-\

Arch

I know it's fruitless, because you have no idea how to test for gold, and you have no idea if all that yellow stuff you allegedly found "everywhere" is actually gold or not.

OP
OP
architecad

architecad

Nov 25, 2008
Maryland
Detector(s) used
EE THr said:
architecad said:
EE THr said:
architecad said:
EE THr said:
architecad said:

Arch

Arch

Arch

I know it's fruitless, because you have no idea how to test for gold, and you have no idea if all that yellow stuff you allegedly found "everywhere" is actually gold or not.

Well, you said you use lemon and I use Kellyco gold acid. Who's going to fail?

Lemon? :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: My God!!

Arch

EE THr

Silver Member
Apr 21, 2008
Central California
architecad said:
EE THr said:
architecad said:
EE THr said:
architecad said:
EE THr said:
architecad said:

Arch

Arch

Arch

Well, you said you use lemon and I use Kellyco gold acid. Who's going to fail?

Lemon? :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: My God!!

Arch

Nope. Post the quote.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
http://www.prospectorsparadise.com/html/mercury.html
Specifics
• Mercury is the only metal which occurs as a liquid at ordinary temperatures
• Mercury is one of only two metals which occurs naturally in both its metallic and oxidized state, The other being copper.
• Mercury will form amalgams with almost all metals except Iron and Aluminum.
• Occurrence in earth’s crust 0.5 ppm. That is 0.5 mg/kilo.
• Melting point is –38.87 C.
• Boiling point is 356.72 C
• Density at 25C 13.534 gr/cubic centimeter (cc)
• Vapor pressure at 25C 2 X 10 –3 mm
• Surface tension 484 dynes/cm
• Electrical resistivity 95.76 microohms/cm
• Does not tarnish in air at normal temperatures, but when heated near the boiling point will convert to Mercuric Oxide
• It will react slowly with sulfur at normal temperatures to form Mercuric Sulfide.
• It will react with Nitric Acid and with hot concentrated Sulfuric Acid.
• It will not react with dilute Hydrochloric Acid, cold Sulfuric Acid, or Alkalis.
• It will react with ammonia in the presence of oxygen.
• Metallic Mercury can be recovered from solution by the addition of hydrogen peroxide in the presence of alkali hydroxides such as Caustic Soda or Lye.
• Mercury can be recovered from solution by cementing with Copper, Aluminum, Zinc, etc.
• Mercury will react rather violently with Aluminum. Do not use Mercury in an Aluminum Gold pan or try to store it in an Aluminum vessel.
Precautions
• When working with Mercury always use latex gloves, it’s cheap and is good procedure.
• Always store Mercury in tightly closed containers (not Aluminum).
• Always put a layer of water on top of the Mercury unless it is charged Mercury.
• Never heat Mercury or amalgam in an enclosed space.
• If you must heat Mercury do it in the outdoors or a well-ventilated space.
• Always stand upwind of hot mercury. Do not breathe the fumes.
• Do not let Mercury contact Aluminum. It will destroy it.
• Avoid spilling mercury. It is very difficult to clean up.
• Never heat Mercury indoors or in any enclosed space.
• Never try to distill (retort) Mercury in a glass retort.
Gee..and the US government now mandates that light bulbs containing mercury are the only bulbs we can use..So just how dangerous is mercury if you do not know how to handle it?...Art

EE THr

Silver Member
Apr 21, 2008
Central California
aarthrj3811 said:
http://www.prospectorsparadise.com/html/mercury.html
Specifics
• Mercury is the only metal which occurs as a liquid at ordinary temperatures
• Mercury is one of only two metals which occurs naturally in both its metallic and oxidized state, The other being copper.
• Mercury will form amalgams with almost all metals except Iron and Aluminum.
• Occurrence in earth’s crust 0.5 ppm. That is 0.5 mg/kilo.
• Melting point is –38.87 C.
• Boiling point is 356.72 C
• Density at 25C 13.534 gr/cubic centimeter (cc)
• Vapor pressure at 25C 2 X 10 –3 mm
• Surface tension 484 dynes/cm
• Electrical resistivity 95.76 microohms/cm
• Does not tarnish in air at normal temperatures, but when heated near the boiling point will convert to Mercuric Oxide
• It will react slowly with sulfur at normal temperatures to form Mercuric Sulfide.
• It will react with Nitric Acid and with hot concentrated Sulfuric Acid.
• It will not react with dilute Hydrochloric Acid, cold Sulfuric Acid, or Alkalis.
• It will react with ammonia in the presence of oxygen.
• Metallic Mercury can be recovered from solution by the addition of hydrogen peroxide in the presence of alkali hydroxides such as Caustic Soda or Lye.
• Mercury can be recovered from solution by cementing with Copper, Aluminum, Zinc, etc.
• Mercury will react rather violently with Aluminum. Do not use Mercury in an Aluminum Gold pan or try to store it in an Aluminum vessel.
Precautions
• When working with Mercury always use latex gloves, it’s cheap and is good procedure.
• Always store Mercury in tightly closed containers (not Aluminum).
• Always put a layer of water on top of the Mercury unless it is charged Mercury.
• Never heat Mercury or amalgam in an enclosed space.
• If you must heat Mercury do it in the outdoors or a well-ventilated space.
• Always stand upwind of hot mercury. Do not breathe the fumes.
• Do not let Mercury contact Aluminum. It will destroy it.
• Avoid spilling mercury. It is very difficult to clean up.
• Never heat Mercury indoors or in any enclosed space.
• Never try to distill (retort) Mercury in a glass retort.
Gee..and the US government now mandates that light bulbs containing mercury are the only bulbs we can use..So just how dangerous is mercury if you do not know how to handle it?...Art

If you don't know, you shouldn't be using it.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Thank You EE..I always like it when you help me..
Cleaning your cons

I pan and remove all the gold you can see and bring everything else home. I screen every thing with 25, 50 and 100 mesh keeping them in separate buckets. I save the plus 25 mesh for later if my rods show that there is gold in it. I then soak the cons with vinegar ( it's cheap at Sam's Club.) for three days stirring it when ever I think of it.

I run it thought the blue bowl starting with the 25 mesh lowering the water level for each size collecting the gold as I go. I now have all the cons back in one bucket. I now take my hot plate outside ( the heat range dial goes from 1-7 and I have it at 3 1/2 ) and using a pyrex bowl dry it and dump each batch into a tub of cold water ( cracks the cons )

The next step I used a cement mixer when I was getting large amounts of cons from my big Dredges but now I use a rock tumbler. I put each batch in the tumbler with 4 half inch stainless steel ball bearings and turn it for two days ( more or less ) then add Mercury for another day. When I have all the cons back in a bucket I go back to the Blue Bowl.

I run it at a high water level and then at the lowest water level collecting the gold-mercury in snuffer bottles saving all the black sand. I pour all the gold-mercury into a newer pan ( the least amount of scratches ) working it with a small amount of water to bring all the mercury together taking the black sand out as I go. Using PLASTIC GLOVES I put a piece of fine silk over a pan and pour the gold-mercury into it. Grabbing the silk by the sides you can squish the excess mercury out of the silk saving the mercury for next year. You now dump the stuff in the silk into your pyrex bowl.

I then load my PU. I take a potable generator, hot plate, jugs of water, Soda, gold-mercury, saftey mask, Nitric acid and the remaining black sand and go to a friends 20 acres of isolated land. I set everything up, start the generator, put on my mask, pour the nitric acid into the bowl and walk away for a 1/2 hour. When I return I fill the bowl with water and soda and let it cool. I pour the water into a safe container and collect my gold. I then dry all the black sand to burn off any mercury that may be on it.

This is a long process but when it's raining and cold I set in the garage with a heater and drink a few beers while I run the blue bowl. My rods show me that there is still some gold in the black sand so I will crush it and start over.

EE THr

Silver Member
Apr 21, 2008
Central California
Art---

That's nice, but you should know that there is no filter mask that will keep nitric fumes out. If you don't have a fume hood, it requires an air supplied breather to be effective.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
~EE~
That's nice, but you should know that there is no filter mask that will keep nitric fumes out. If you don't have a fume hood, it requires an air supplied breather to be effective.
Thank You for the advice but I will just keep doing it the way I have for 30 years...Art

EE THr

Silver Member
Apr 21, 2008
Central California
aarthrj3811 said:
~EE~
Thank You for the advice but I will just keep doing it the way I have for 30 years...Art

That's what I expected you would do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread