changedman
Greenie
Finding "Time Warp" Coins
As I've gone through several boxes of cents, I have occassionally found relatively old ones (1962, 1964, etc...) that are bright red and are in nearly perfect condition. How can this be? These can't have been in circulation that long without any wear. Does the Fed find old boxes of coins and then release them in the present day? Surely pennies like this don't come from someone spending their grandfather's coin collection.
Any ideas?
As I've gone through several boxes of cents, I have occassionally found relatively old ones (1962, 1964, etc...) that are bright red and are in nearly perfect condition. How can this be? These can't have been in circulation that long without any wear. Does the Fed find old boxes of coins and then release them in the present day? Surely pennies like this don't come from someone spending their grandfather's coin collection.
Any ideas?
Upvote
0







