What's new

Finding value of Obsidian Indian blade that I found

Melissa Archibald

Jr. Member
Joined
Nov 26, 2014
Messages
60
Reaction score
31
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am reading the history behind the Obsidian blade from the Indians that I found and the history is amazing just in itself that this blade is valued so highly they would not let anyone see it or know they have it even. I am now wondering just how valuable is this stone and should I even speak of it anymore that I have it? I mean if the Indians valued it that highly maybe I should do the same. I think I'll bring it to the U of A hand have them look at next week.

001.webp 002.webp
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Welcome to the site! I don't know anything about it but I'll bet it's sharp. It's a very cool artifact that's for sure!
 
The blade on it is very sharp, thank you for the welcome.
 
Last edited:
depending on the area obsidian can be the most common material and not at all special of significant. I think perhaps you are putting too much significance into whatever it was that you read. Native Americans were just like you and me, which is to say...just people.
 
Melissa, what you have there is just a common Flake Tool. Nothing really all that special about them. They were produced by the thousands and most were just waste Tools that may have been used once and then discarded. Some though were very nice and kept as part of a Tool Kit. No real value to it other than the fact you found it so cherish it.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom