Silver Member
Jun 10, 2007
Southwest Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Made in U.S.A.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These are some finds that I made in the football field at the junior high that I attended, I was really surprised to see an indian head pop out and it's the first silver quarter I dug out of there also. The school was built in 1942 but that dirt is older than the school so who knows where the indian came from. They were both very deep and I could barely hear them but the VDI reading on my MXT showed they were good so I dug them. Necklace was marked 14k Italy but it was plated(phony).

Attachments

• aug27.1.JPG
    aug27.1.JPG
    51.7 KB · Views: 410
  • aug27.2.JPG
    aug27.2.JPG
    33.9 KB · Views: 426
  • aug27.3.JPG
    aug27.3.JPG
    26.7 KB · Views: 411
  • aug27.4.JPG
    aug27.4.JPG
    27.1 KB · Views: 419
Upvote 0

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Any day with silver is a great day, WTG!!!
Also, that's a very nice looking IH, great detail...
Continued Good luck, & Happy hunting~

utah hunter

Jul 30, 2007
Utah county, Utah
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-terra 70, Fisher F75, eyes, brain
Beautiful indian, that is amazing to have one come out in that condition. Did you use anything special to clean it? Those iffy signals can make your day, good job on knowing what your detector was trying to tell you and taking the time to check it out...Ryan

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
Man don't you hate that, I found a necklace exactly like the one you have, only to find out it was fake.

Oh well it was still cool to find it.

And I haven't found an Indian Head yet. Good Job!

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
Very nice collection of of booty there. Very nice Indian, and congrats on the silver.

OP
OP
Giant056

Giant056

Silver Member
Jun 10, 2007
Southwest Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Made in U.S.A.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
utah hunter said:
Beautiful indian, that is amazing to have one come out in that condition. Did you use anything special to clean it? Those iffy signals can make your day, good job on knowing what your detector was trying to tell you and taking the time to check it out...Ryan
I used soap and a toothbrush, I couldn't believe it myself, I've gotten 2 of them in this condition now that just needed the dirt clean off, I wish they were all in this condition.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread