8 Silver Day + A Little Bling!!

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
Hello Everyone,

I must say, this is getting to be a habit. But for me, it's a habit I hope I will never get over... ;)

I went back today to the "silver mine" park with Jon(goldenapples). After digging some 70+ silvers between 4 of us in the past 2 weeks, I couldn't imagine there was much left. Well, I was wrong. I ended the day with 8 more silvers (1 Washington, 6 rosies, 1 merc), along with 16 wheaties(not a bad silver/wheat ratio). Also got a nice man's silver ring that has quite a few diamonds in it. They must be CZ's, but I will test it as soon as I can get my diamond tester charged. Found two SS earrings also. I dug a little clad today too; about 36 quarters. Digging one of those quarters helped me find my silver quarter. There's probably more silver there being masked by all the clad in the park.

It was a terrific day, with great company. Wish you could have been there Mike(ratman); I'm sure you would rather have been detecting than having a root canal :'(

Funny, just a few weeks ago I got my 400th silver coin; now I'm close to 470. I thought my count was going to slow down by the end of summer, but it seems to be increasing even faster. Well, I can't complain about that... ;D

Thanks for looking,
CAPTN SE
Dan

Attachments

• IMG_1426 (1500 x 1125) (730 x 548).jpg
    IMG_1426 (1500 x 1125) (730 x 548).jpg
    69 KB · Views: 675
  • IMG_1429 (1400 x 1050).jpg
    IMG_1429 (1400 x 1050).jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 682
Upvote 0

desertfox

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Fisher and Minelab
:o That park pays off better than a slot machine over in Vagas! Looks like G. Park will be on the back burner for a while. Keep this up and it'll be 600 silvers for the year. HH Dan

Desertfox

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
You are a silver coin machine Captn, congrats and keep the awesome goodies coming! Love the ring bling!

Smiles!
BDoo

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Very nice Captn, Congrats!!!
Awesome silver count... I've been hunting a site I have hunted to death, so my silver count isn't doing too well this year. (3) silver coins, & a silver ring for the year. :'(
Continued Good luck, & Happy hunting~

weasel606

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2007
West Virginia, USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70 ,Bounty Hunter Landstar, Garrett ACE 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
fantastic finds CAPTN SE ! i hope the ring is real let us what you find out its a beaut ;)

Green1

Silver Member
Mar 20, 2006
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Mxt 6x10 coil Massachusetts
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D holy......... you guys are tearin up the silver there.. :o :o :o ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D keep em comin !!

Nickel_Buff1935

Jun 1, 2007
NY
Detector(s) used
MINELAB X-Terra 50 & WHITE'S MXT
Hey, Captn SE I wish I could pick up your "habit" 8)

I can almost see your pile of silver from 3000 miles away!

Keep diggin' and postin'!

<deleted Tnet'er comment>

That's easy... Captn SE just close your eyes and tell us what you see ;D

HH

Nickel_B

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL
I bet Mr. Wilver, the creator of this great metal, is looking down from "above" and blowing kisses down to you...his great metal detecting descendant. You made him proud, bud!

Keep striking it!

Kirk

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
I don't see any wheats there, so I haven't fallen any farther behind. :D

I wish I could fly out there and let you school me in the finer points of detecting.

Awesome finds.

diggerfororo

Jul 29, 2007
Missouri
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ6-CZ20-Whites surf PI
Way to go Cap. I was wondering what kind of percentages you are getting on your silver Vs total coins. Years ago (70's) I used to log all my finds and at the end of the year I could get a ratio of of the different coins. I would usually run about 13% silver for the year. I had some good years back then when I averaged about 1200 coins a month. You can still get the coin count but I don't think you will have as high a percentage of silver.

Les

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
Awsome Finds! I really like that ring.

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great park you are in, that much silver probably means you can detect there for a long time and find some keepers, especially after a good rain! Just curious, what is the marking inside the silver ring? Could it be white gold with a real stone? HH and congrats, Mike

Nashoba

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2006
Washington and Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace250/Prospecter Bounty hunter(Backup)
OVER 400 SILVER COINS!?!?!?!?!? HOLY YOU KNOW WHAT THAT IS JUST NUTS!
ahem....sorry for yelling.

Humble Apologies to the silver god
~Nash~

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread