finds for the day..

R

roger

we went out today for a few hours and this is what all we found.
from left to right:
this is a who knows what but written on it is C.Posey & Bro 30 laplata Md.(2 pictures)
next is a coffee or tea pitcher found at an old house site.
next is a button with shank intact. on the back is written w.wallis extra rich. appears to be brass
next is another who knows what..followed by a piece of a spoon.
next is a glass one half gallon bottle found at a trash site.
next is the most valuable. it is an 1811 half cent in poor condition. you can make out the date, liberty, and one star on the front. on the back you can make out america,half cent, and both wreaths on either side of the coin. (if anyone knows how to clean this without damaging it please let me know)
and last but least is a sun dial. about 3 in. in diameter completely readable roman numerals.

not to bad for a few hours of digging in the dirt.
if anyone knows what the who knows whats are could you please help.

True_Metal

Aug 27, 2004
Smoky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice digs 8) Dont know what that first thing is? Soak that 1/2 cent in Olive oil till the crap falls off. It wont hurt it but it takes long time soaking to get the crud off.

Upvote 0

rupsul

Nov 11, 2004
Interesting stuff! the first looks a similar shape to a "Thor" pendant (norse) unlikly but maybe a copy. The quality is not good enough to say for sure. I really like the dial :D

Upvote 0

True_Metal

Aug 27, 2004
Smoky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, the fourth item, the one before the spoon does look kinda like a Thors Hammer pendant. Can you get better pics showing different angles. Is it round, as it looks round in that pic.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
R

roger

the 4th thing is raised on the side that you see. the other side has a clasp type thing on the top underside and it appears to be broken at the bottom of the thing.

Upvote 0

True_Metal

Aug 27, 2004
Smoky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like a pin or a brooch to be worn on say a shirt or coat, Roger? To me it looked like it was a necklace pendant having a loop at the very top for the chain to pass thru.

Upvote 0

rupsul

Nov 11, 2004
Thanks True_Metal I ment the fourth one. could it not be the remains of a hinge at the top making it a door knocker?

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread