What's new

Finds from 2010 Week #22 (ending 06-10-2010)

GMan00001

Silver Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2006
Messages
2,539
Reaction score
228
Golden Thread
0
Location
Twin Cities, MN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The meager pickups:

1 - $500 bag of dimes
1 - $200 bag of nickels
1 - $100 bag of nickels
3 - $50 bags of pennies

The finds:

$500 Dime Bag
--------------------
3 pre-1965 Roosevelt (1964, 1964-D(2))

7 Foreign (Australia, 1 Cent (1966), Netherlands, 1 Cent (1948, 1952, 1954), Netherlands, 10 Cents (1950), Norway, 1 Ore (1951), Norway, 10 Ore (1980))

OPA 1 Red Point (2)
1 broken golf ball marker

$200 Nickel Bag
----------------------
2 V-Nickels (1908(2))

1 - 1943-S War Nickel
1 - 1945-P War Nickel
1 - 1945-D War Nickel
61 other pre-1960 Jefferson (1939(2), 1940(5), 1941, 1942(2), 1946(2), 1947(2), 1947-D(2), 1948(4), 1949(2), 1949-D, 1951, 1951-D, 1952, 1952-D, 1953, 1953-D(2), 1954(2), 1954-D(4), 1954-S, 1955-D, 1957, 1957-D(6), 1958, 1958-D(11), 1959-D(4))

3 Canadian (1975, 1988, 1989)
2 Foreign (Norway, 1 Krone (2002), Taiwan, 1 Yuan (1986))

3 Quarters

$100 Nickel Bag
--------------------
1 Buffalo (1921)

45 pre-1960 Jefferson (1939(2), 1940(3), 1940-D, 1941(3), 1941-D(2), 1946(4), 1946-S, 1947(2), 1948(2), 1951, 1952(2), 1952-D, 1953-D(2), 1954, 1954-D(3), 1954-S, 1955-D, 1956, 1956-D, 1957, 1958-D(7), 1959-D(3))

12 Canadian (1983, 1984(2), 1985, 1988, 1993(2), 1994(4), 1999)

1 Penny

$50 Penny Bag #1
------------------------
17 wheat pennies (1925, 1944, 1944-D, 1945, 1945-D, 1946-D(3), 1947, 1951-D, 1951-S, 1953, 1953-D, 1956-D, 1958-D(3))

32 Canadian (1949, 1962, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1971, 1973(2), 1976(2), 1978, 1979(2), 1980, 1981(4), 1982(2), 1984(2), 1987(3), 1988, 1994, 1997, 1998, 2000, 2001, 2006)

1 Washer

$50 Penny Bag #2
------------------------
20 wheat pennies (1920, 1935-D, 1940-D, 1942, 1942-D(2), 1944, 1945-D, 1946, 1946-D, 1948, 1950-D, 1952, 1953, 1955-D, 1956, 1956-D(2), 1957-D, 1958-D)

41 Canadian (1940, 1952, 1953 No Shoulder Fold, 1960, 1961(2), 1964(5), 1967(3), 1968(2), 1969, 1970(2), 1971(2), 1972(3), 1973, 1975, 1976, 1977, 1978, 1979(4), 1981, 1984, 1987, 1997, 1999(2), 2001, 2006)

1 Foreign (China, 1 Jiao (2009))

3 Quarters
2 Nickels

$50 Penny Bag #3
------------------------
18 wheat pennies (1933, 1940-S, 1944-D, 1944-S, 1946, 1946-D(3), 1950, 1950-D, 1951-D(2), 1952-D, 1957-D(2), 1958, 1958-D(2))

59 Canadian (1952, 1955 Shoulder Fold, 1962, 1963(2), 1964, 1965, 1966, 1969(2), 1970, 1972, 1973, 1974(3), 1976, 1977(2), 1978, 1979(2), 1981(3), 1982, 1983(2), 1984, 1985, 1986(3), 1987, 1989(3), 1991, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998(5), 1999(7), 2001(2), 2005(3))

2 Foreign (Mexico, 20 Centavos (1995), Netherlands, 25 Cents (1950))


Key Finds for the week
* 2 - 1908 V-Nickels (stopped a long skunk streak for these...last one found 12/23/2008 for me..also was a first time lifetime date through CRH for me)
* 1921 Buffalo Nickel - Another first time lifetime date through CRH.
* 1933 Wheat Penny - not great, but still a tough pull (23rd toughest).
 
Upvote 0
nice scores!!! just wondering, how often do u get a wheat cent from 1955-S??? i never see anyone reporting finding one. :dontknow:
 
CHAINCHOMP said:
nice scores!!! just wondering, how often do u get a wheat cent from 1955-S??? i never see anyone reporting finding one. :dontknow:

I have reported 2 this year so far.
I had 4 in 2009, 7 in 2008, 4 in 2007

I know I had a single box with at least 8 AU 1955-S in it in 2006 or before, but my records were not as detailed then.

So I have pulled at least 25 in the past 4-5 years just by the count above and probably a couple more. I am in the midwest so S-mints in general are not terribly common. Much easier to find them on the west coast I believe.
 
You must be taking a summer break :thumbsup: with less searched. Still your finds were spectacular,especially with the nickels :thumbsup: :thumbsup:.
Yours searches and reports are the best.
Something I'd like to do myself,someday in the future.
HH
Rich
 
Rich Hartford said:
You must be taking a summer break :thumbsup: with less searched.

First off, being as I buy almost exclusively bags, I am at the mercy of what people cash in that week.

Also some weeks I am either
* too lazy to stop at all 5 of my typical pickup banks (spread over 3 days..holidays can throw off my schedule)
* have only limited cash due to being 3-4 weeks behind on pennies/nickels (it adds up)
* or work commitments/meetings get in the way
 
thanks gman, thats a dang nice amount of 1955-S's u've pulled out over time!!! i think i only have one :laughing9:
 
Thanks for your report.

I feel your pain on the amounts searched. I'm starting to get a little respect from some of the banks that have coin counters and it's hard to buy everything they got. I could have searched 5k in quarters this week but I just dont have the time or recources.

I always buy the Halfs wich are slow to fill but if I wanted to I could do 3 to 8 grand a week in Dimes if I called all my source banks every week.

I did step up a little this week and have searched 3k in Dimes and $400 in Nickles so far got a $50 bag of cents and another $200 nickle bag sitting and have another bag of dimes and $300 more in Nicks wating at the bank for me. This on top of my 10 boxes of halves on a weekly basis. My back and neck are killing me as I write this. Plus dumping is an issue.

BTW out of the 3k in dimes 1st 2 bags produced a lone Rosie ea. and the 3rd produced 6 Rosies and 2 silver Canadians. The nickle bags produced (2) V's 1910 & 11 (2) Buffs and (5) War Nickles. and a bunch of pre 82 Canadians.

Thanks again for your Detailsd accounts. I don't always respond but I always read them.

Mojo
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom