silversweeper

Aug 22, 2011
Swampeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finds from last several hunts. Silver, wheaties & CW bullets

Took me a lot of hours and many, many hunts to get enough good finds to make a decent post. Hunted a couple of older yards a few months ago. Just knew I was going to clean up on silver at both. Ended up with a big pile of wheats, one '39S Mercury dime that was probably 10 inches deep and only found because it was below a detected wheatie (always recheck those holes!), a '64 Washington (amongst trash and found only with the 6x8 sef, went over it with the larger pro coil earlier and didn't find it), a decorative little sterling womans ring, and a few dollars in new/clad change. Also found a few other odds and ends that are pictured. Some "If found mail to..." Frigidare freezer key tags, a child's play spoon, harmonica reed, WW2 coat button, and a clay marble (don't remember what the numbers were on the marble.....lol) etc.. Was very dissapointed that there wasn't more silver. I'll hit the yards again when I don't have anything else to do, see if I can't squeeze out some more goodies. Also pictured is a nice silver man's ring with the words "True Love Waits" inscribed on the outside. Found that fairly shallow at a local park, as well as a deep wheatie that was stuck in a broken cork top bottle top (weird). Also dug a 9" deep sterling woman's ring all bent up in the same area, kind of an indian style ring but no stone (forgot to put it in the group for the picture). The last picture has a few assorted civil war bullets I picked up in the same brushy area that I posted about in an earier post about hunting bullets in the brush, and one last mercury ('43 plain, near mint condition) and a wheat. Both coins were found in the same pounded park that I found the two rings in, and were found 7 to 9 inches deep with my 6x8 sef coil. Went back to the brushy area looking for more Civil War finds yesterday and only managed one piece of camp lead....OH, and watched a buddy dig up a sword/metal fencepost......(sorry John, couldn't resist). The merc and wheatie I dug on my way home from there.
Happy Hunting and Merry Christmas to all! I am hoping to get in a few more hunts before the winter freeze sets in but ...hard to say when that will happen here in Swampeast Missouri

Attachments

• 1030finds.jpg
    1030finds.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 814
  • 12,11finds.jpg
    12,11finds.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 1,005
  • a1011finds1.jpg
    a1011finds1.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 956
  • a1011finds.jpg
    a1011finds.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 897
  • octfinds.jpg
    octfinds.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 824
  • 1030finds1.jpg
    1030finds1.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 835
Upvote 0

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Re: Finds from last several hunts. Silver, wheaties & CW bullets

silversweeper,

Nice mix of finds...believe that elaborate button on the left could be of French origin so it could be quite old.

Regards + HH

Bill

Whitebeard

Nov 20, 2011
Higher-North-Shore Qc.
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice finds, silver ring is nice piece of craft art.

Bushido Dude

Dec 20, 2005
Kill Devil Hills, N.C.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice finds! I love the filigree ring...I found her identical twin last year ;) Good luck and happy hunting!

Attachments

• silverring6.jpg
    silverring6.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 903
  • silverring5.jpg
    silverring5.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 846
  • silverring3.jpg
    silverring3.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 794
  • silverring5.jpg
    silverring5.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 853
  • silverring6.jpg
    silverring6.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 908

mikeshayne

Jul 24, 2011
Missouri

Curious just how swampeast you are in Missouri? My family is originally from Poplar Bluff but I now live in central Missouri. Glad to see fellow Missourians hitting the ground and making Trans-Mississippian civil war finds. Good luck and it looks like at least one more mellow weekend before the winter sets in.

Mr Tuff

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
ILL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

nice hunt!!!! sweet finds :icon_thumleft: MR TUFF

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions