5625609.jpg

Upvote 16

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice going !!! Where did you cruise to ?

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

UnderMiner

Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bah humbug, only six gold? Casper, I am suprised, anything less than 10 gold and I would be ashamed to even share the story. And no doubloons? We have to put you back in the kid's pool for remedial training with pennies and dimes at the bottom. In all seriousness, 6 gold in one day is impressive. Know you had fun that one day at least! 🚢👍

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
CASPER-2

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bah humbug, only six gold? Casper, I am suprised, anything less than 10 gold and I would be ashamed to even share the story. And no doubloons? We have to put you back in the kid's pool for remedial training with pennies and dimes at the bottom. In all seriousness, 6 gold in one day is impressive. Know you had fun that one day at least! 🚢👍
I know it was gonna come off wrong...
we were supposed to go to Jamaica first - i dont know if i wouldve got away with hunting there
ive done good there on 3 other occasions - due to hurricane ...no go
next we were supposed to go to Caymans - ive neverr been there
due to hurricane - they did not go there - friends had told me good spots to go where they got gold and more
next we were supposed to go to Cozumel = i did very good there in past - again no go
and finally they were gonna end with their private island
they changed the itinerary to the private island first - okay no problem
but on the original plan we were supposed to be there till 9pm - we were there there till 4pm and had to board at 330pm - so lost time ... at the spot i got everything above
low tide was at like 4pm - so technically i only hit the area at high tide and only hit half the area
next day we arrive at Nassau Bahamas - ive done well there in the past
I had a couple of spots i could go to that im sure i wouldve gotten some gold at
my GF pulls up weather on her phone and theres a huge storm not to far from island
radar shows blues,greens,yellows and oranges on map - so my GF says what is she gonna due ?
I couldve been selfish and gone cause storms dont bother me in the water...but i told her we got another destination for 2 days and when we got back to port - we had 3 days at South bch Miami ...
another fav spot for me where i always get nice gold. So we grab breakfast with dark skies above then went back to room to grab a few more Zzzzzs. We wake up to partly summy skies - storm had broken up and was gone - Im not happy. Because we had to be back by 330 again....to walk to taxi pick up and drive to one of my spots would not be worth it.
So we put out to sea and travel to next and last island - Puerta Plata
Id been told by friend hunters that area sucked...it lived up to sucking
waters were some of the roughest ive ever hunted in and people that know me - know i hunt rough water but this was ridiculous - every time i got a hit and stopped to scoop - i got slammed and pushed off targets - i got some real nice signals but was not able to pull one out
next day we stay at that spot with no calm waters to hunt - so stayed aboard.
went to hang by the pool - took my shoes off and walked to enter pool - I have neuropathy..no feeling in my feet so i could not feel the griddle like surface i was walking on and stopped to wait for my GF not knowing that i was severely burning my feet...real bad - it took so much skin off that my foot was bleeding toes to heel on my right and half of my left - had to get a wheel chair and taken to medical unit and they had to wrap my feet completely and ride in wheel chair for next three days - not only that ....my right would not stop bleeding and had to be wrapped my next 3 days in south bch which meant no detecting. As i write this - my feet are still wrapped and healing slowly

OP
OP
CASPER-2

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
CASPER-2

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
we were supposed to go to Jamaica first - i dont know if i wouldve got away with hunting there
due to hurricane - they did not go there - friends had told me good spots to go where they got gold and more
next we were supposed to go to Cozumel = i did very good there in past - again no go
but on the original plan we were supposed to be there till 9pm - we were there there till 4pm and had to board at 330pm - so lost time ... at the spot i got everything above
low tide was at like 4pm - so technically i only hit the area at high tide and only hit half the area
I had a couple of spots i could go to that im sure i wouldve gotten some gold at
my GF pulls up weather on her phone and theres a huge storm not to far from island
radar shows blues,greens,yellows and oranges on map - so my GF says what is she gonna due ?
I couldve been selfish and gone cause storms dont bother me in the water...but i told her we got another destination for 2 days and when we got back to port - we had 3 days at South bch Miami ...
another fav spot for me where i always get nice gold. So we grab breakfast with dark skies above then went back to room to grab a few more Zzzzzs. We wake up to partly summy skies - storm had broken up and was gone - Im not happy. Because we had to be back by 330 again....to walk to taxi pick up and drive to one of my spots would not be worth it.
waters were some of the roughest ive ever hunted in and people that know me - know i hunt rough water but this was ridiculous - every time i got a hit and stopped to scoop - i got slammed and pushed off targets - i got some real nice signals but was not able to pull one out
went to hang by the pool - took my shoes off and walked to enter pool - I have neuropathy..no feeling in my feet so i could not feel the griddle like surface i was walking on and stopped to wait for my GF not knowing that i was severely burning my feet...real bad - it took so much skin off that my foot was bleeding toes to heel on my right and half of my left - had to get a wheel chair and taken to medical unit and they had to wrap my feet completely and ride in wheel chair for next three days - not only that ....my right would not stop bleeding and had to be wrapped my next 3 days in south bch which meant no detecting. As i write this - my feet are still wrapped and healing slowly
Thanks again and glad you are home getting better

Rhapsody

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2022
North American Continent
Detector(s) used
Nokta Anfibio
Nokta Legend
Human Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks for sharing your tale casper, hope the best for you regarding the healing of the feet! I will say that your picture of the rings is extremely inspiring as I have just moved to a coastal state and just started to water hunt last month in colorado. I'm hoping for some productive shallow saltwater hunts in the virginia beach area and got some nice potomac river swimhole sites lined up for next summer, good luck out there hope I do half as well as you!

UnderMiner

Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Casper the Ghost didn't have feeling in his feet either. You're more alike than I previously thought. In all seriousness though, feel better! 🍻

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions