What's new

finds from today, some things im not to sure about?

birdpointgriswold

Hero Member
Joined
May 23, 2012
Messages
901
Reaction score
228
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found these items today..pretty happy about most but a few I do not know what they are if anything. I'm really curious about the small piece that seems to have a hole drilled into it? Please let me know what you guys think!

ForumRunner_20120603_215145.webp



ForumRunner_20120603_215027.webp



ForumRunner_20120603_214955.webp



ForumRunner_20120603_214943.webp



ForumRunner_20120603_214858.webp



ForumRunner_20120603_214910.webp



ForumRunner_20120603_214921.webp



ForumRunner_20120603_215044.webp



ForumRunner_20120603_215054.webp



ForumRunner_20120603_215106.webp

Johnathan Griswold
 
Upvote 0
Better picture of this one

ForumRunner_20120603_215640.webp

Johnathan Griswold
 
No ideas??? Help!

Johnathan Griswold
 
No ideas??? Help!

Johnathan Griswold
 
broken pendant? Hole is too small for much else.
 
Looks to be made of soapstone.
 
Hi Johnathan, Nice pic/groupings.

I've found a few of the "drilled in the side" rocks like your top pic. Don't know what it is either. The bottom pic is what I call an Axe/Digger tool. I've found several like that. (Same cut marks as yours) The "right side" chip-out is on almost all of my finds, very distinctive to being a tool as well as the grooves possibly where the wood handle was attached.

Your pic with the 4 rocks together: The top 2 and bottom left of that pic I would say Mano..the right, brown one, not sure...looks too "soft" to be a grinding tool...maybe a type of "sanding tool"..?

I've found a few of the "drilled in the side" rocks like your top pic and can't say what its for..........In your "points groupings", the top left one looks like a broken drill. They all look nice.....

Thanks for sharing...Did you find them mostly together or did you pull them together for the pics?

MinerGirl
 
MinerGirl said:
Hi Johnathan, Nice pic/groupings.

I've found a few of the "drilled in the side" rocks like your top pic. Don't know what it is either. The bottom pic is what I call an Axe/Digger tool. I've found several like that. (Same cut marks as yours) The "right side" chip-out is on almost all of my finds, very distinctive to being a tool as well as the grooves possibly where the wood handle was attached.

Your pic with the 4 rocks together: The top 2 and bottom left of that pic I would say Mano..the right, brown one, not sure...looks too "soft" to be a grinding tool...maybe a type of "sanding tool"..?

I've found a few of the "drilled in the side" rocks like your top pic and can't say what its for..........In your "points groupings", the top left one looks like a broken drill. They all look nice.....

Thanks for sharing...Did you find them mostly together or did you pull them together for the pics?

MinerGirl

Minergirl! Your so much fun love your thoughts! They are all found in the same field...its from my new spot. This stuff is from my 2nd stomp. I was told from a very very good source that a village was there, its surrounded by a

Johnathan Griswold
 
birdpointgriswold said:
Minergirl! Your so much fun love your thoughts! They are all found in the same field...its from my new spot. This stuff is from my 2nd stomp. I was told from a very very good source that a village was there, its surrounded by a good size swamp and river. A large hwy is near by and had to stop construction because they dug up 2 skeletons and tons of artifacts. I have never seen so many flake before in my life at this place. I seriously can t even walk in a straight line when I'm looking because I keep bending down picking up or seeing something to my left or right! It makes me crazy!

Johnathan Griswold

Johnathan Griswold
 
Hi...Surrounded by a What?..Oh, I see your next post now. Thats amazing! .All those from one hunt means you're in a Great Spot (Duh)...:) Take lots of 5 gallon buckets and a Wheelbarrow! Large ziplock bags for the smaller stuff and have fun washing everything when you get home...:)

Try a "Google Earth search" of that field...see if you can find any "Donut" or half circles of different vegetation...usually found near a stream/river bank...These "donut shapes" indicate where they would sleep/village...They are easier to see in a plowed field...You can check your whole area this way and quicken up your search targets.

Have fun...MinerGirl
 
Last edited:
Johnathan...Just a thought...You might post these in "Today's Finds"...you might get more opinions...unless some of the guys are on strike...:)

MinerGirl
 
MinerGirl said:
Johnathan...Just a thought...You might post these in "Today's Finds"...you might get more opinions...unless some of the guys are on strike...:)

MinerGirl

Ok! Thanks for the advice!

Johnathan Griswold
 
Can you show a close up of the drill area on the small piece? Nearly all the 'drilled' pieces people present here are natural, but from the picture I'd say you at least have a shot at that being a drilled piece of soapstone (steatite). It's soft and should easily show drill marks in the drill area.

Thanks.
 
Twitch said:
Can you show a close up of the drill area on the small piece? Nearly all the 'drilled' pieces people present here are natural, but from the picture I'd say you at least have a shot at that being a drilled piece of soapstone (steatite). It's soft and should easily show drill marks in the drill area.

Thanks.



ForumRunner_20120605_122519.webp



ForumRunner_20120605_122437.webp



ForumRunner_20120605_122348.webp



ForumRunner_20120605_122312.webp

Johnathan Griswold
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom