What's new

Finds this week -Two dime boxes

MauserMan

Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 7, 2010
Messages
279
Reaction score
5
Golden Thread
0
Location
MA
Detector(s) used
BH Tiv
Unfortunately, not much to report. I was relieved to find a '64 halfway through the first box and thus dodge a skunk. Second box was slightly better yielding 2x '63s... but not as good as last week's box. Managed to get 17 canadians, 3 British and a Cayman Islands too but Im never thrilled to find her majesty's alluminum face looking back at me. Only managed to scrape up about 5 halves from the 6 or so banks I tried. The two from one bank were what's apparently gold-plated bicentennials, P & D mints, kinda weird. Think I'll hang on to them for now, they look pretty neat. I'll keep ya posted if I get anything good tom. or Friday.

H.H.
 
Upvote 0
Finding that first silver in a box is a HUGE relief isn't it. You'll get 'em next time.
 
ya i agree! nice score tho compared to me! im currently going thru my largest dime skunk run ever! at $600.00, thats right $600.00, and not a lousy '64 yet!!! got 2 boxes coming in tomorrow occupying me till my halves arrive, so we'll see...keep it up and hh!
 
I rarely get Canadian coins (pennies, nickels, or dimes). I'm in northern California. I'm not saying I'd like to see more but I used to get them all the time in my change when I lived near Chicago. Is this a regional thing?
 
2Cents said:
I rarely get Canadian coins (pennies, nickels, or dimes). I'm in northern California. I'm not saying I'd like to see more but I used to get them all the time in my change when I lived near Chicago. Is this a regional thing?
I don't know, only got 2 Canadians in the last box and I'm not on the border... but probably.
Got another $40 in half rolls and some dimes today but found nothing. :( May try again.
 
Keep at it...just like we all do. It will happen for you if you eat everything on your plate.
rileyboy
 
coincrazed said:
I always do at least two boxes of Dimes a week, and seldom come out with less than three Silver Dimes. You did good. Congrats. - coincrazed

CC. have you ever found any proofs? Is there a way to find them by rim-searching?

Update- Got two more boxes today and yesterday and got a '53, a '54, and a '63. Not bad, certainly not the best. Maybe next week I'll do better.
 
MM, I've found 2 proofs so far, i think '93 and '97. I don't date search, but they stuck out when rim searching, due to their thickness and sharper reeded edge. ffd
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom