Fire agate Question

Feb 17, 2011
Hello Everyone, I'm new here and starting to love the stories I've been reading on here. Its funny how a lot of things I've been seeing on here are treasures, I honestly would of just kicked a lot of these things out of the way if i walk in front of them. LOL

I have a Question about fire agate, I have never seen this in my life and I was just wondering how rare or expensive can they get? My uncle showed up to our house (in L.A.) and showed me this big bag with at least 500 pcs. of fire agate and another 100 or so rough rocks. I only know a bit about opal cause I grew up with my uncles mining it all the time but that's about it.

Also can anyone give me an idea where i can take my uncle to see if he can sell a few pieces of his fire agate. I know he can sell them at a really good price cause his first hand he actually owns the mine (I think) but i have no idea where to even start looking. He missed a show in AZ i know that much cause that's where he was headed before he came here

Digger54

Dec 6, 2010
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, Minelab Sovereign GT, Fisher1280X, Nautilus DMCIIB
Ebay

Check out Ebay to see what it is selling for.

I would also try to sell it on Ebay as it has a wider market.

To successfully get the best pricing on Ebay you have to do a real good job taking pictures in Macro with a ruler next to each piece. You want to take a couple shots also. Put yourself in the buyer's shoes.

If I was a buyer, I would not be gambling money on something that I cannot determine size and quality. I would need to know if the piece can be worked with, and I can't do that if i can't see all the sides of it.

Good luck to you.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread