What's new

Fire Chief helmet, toy or pin?

IronSpike

Silver Member
Joined
Feb 24, 2009
Messages
3,142
Reaction score
61
Golden Thread
0
Location
NC
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this neat little fire helmet in an old church yard. Wonder if it's an old 'cracker jack' toy (from back when it wasn't made of plastic) or if it was part of some decorative pin? Any thoughts?
 

Attachments

  • Picture 037.webp
    Picture 037.webp
    12.4 KB · Views: 482
  • Picture 039.webp
    Picture 039.webp
    19.8 KB · Views: 506
I'm betting it is part of a toy. Don't know why, but it just strikes me that way. M ??? nty
 
Upvote 0
I saw that somewhere before or maybe it just reminds me of the Monopoly game hat piece with the hole in it.
 

Attachments

  • monopoly hat.webp
    monopoly hat.webp
    1.6 KB · Views: 522
Upvote 0
When I was in cub scouts (60's) we were give something identical to that, but in plastic, after touring the local fire station and getting the fire safety spiel. Perhaps that is the 50's or earlier version?
 
Upvote 0

Attachments

  • firedept ribbon.webp
    firedept ribbon.webp
    66.9 KB · Views: 412
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Upvote 0
Or perhaps a keyring

Keyring_s.webp

Mike
 
Upvote 0
Thanks guys Great ID :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

1950's?
 
Upvote 0
IronSpike said:
Thanks guys Great ID :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

1950's?
I am just guessing on the ID but I think the ribbon I posted is from the 1900's. I thought about keychain but I think this is from an older era.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom