Fire Pit Bottle Dig Roundup Video

JDug

Aug 15, 2012
Frederick Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
White's V3I , Minelab CTX 3030 , Cibola, Deus, ATPro, GPX 5000. 4800, 4500, & 3500.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have been lucky enough to find 4 Union fire pits in recent weeks, 2 of them loaded with bottles. I have received a few requests to post some better pics for the bottle guys. Sense there were so many I just did a video. I hope it's a good enough video and enjoyable for most. You'll have to excuse my lack of knowledge on bottles...
http://www.youtube.com/edit?ns=1&video_id=R8ndNGS69Sw

mr helton

May 20, 2013
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
White's Spectrum XLT
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your video link takes me to MY uploaded videos.

surf

Silver Member
Jan 10, 2013
Detector(s) used
seeing eye shovel
Primary Interest:
Other
OP
OP
JDug

JDug

Aug 15, 2012
Frederick Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
White's V3I , Minelab CTX 3030 , Cibola, Deus, ATPro, GPX 5000. 4800, 4500, & 3500.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
mr helton said:
Your video link takes me to MY uploaded videos.

Thanks for the heads up .

surf

Silver Member
Jan 10, 2013
Detector(s) used
seeing eye shovel
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey JDug,

You're welcome. Thanks for the heads up on your video. I watched it, and I gotta tell you I cringed every time you "rattled" the glass. You've dug up some exceptional bottles, valuable too. That Bininger square whiskey, the cathedral pepper sauce and the umbrellas are all stand out pieces.

You've unearthed these fragile beauties after a 150+ year dirt nap, please don't damage them through careless handling.

If you want to increase your bottle knowledge, I suggest a prolonged visit to: Historic Bottle Website.
A couple pointers; the large jar, with the petaled shoulders (and the unfortunate holes) was a food, most likely a pickle, and would have been a beauty. The 2 damaged 8 sided bottles would have been sauces.

Continued success in your diggings, sir. You've found a most prolific site, of envious age...

2755.1L.jpg

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jdug, nice collection of all sorts of history. I appreciate you sharing it with the rest of us. Wishing you continued success.

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Whites Coin Master Pro, Bounty Hunter Lonestar, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow,I think you found yourself a couple dream dig sites....Awesome!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread