What's new

First 1800s silver and its a big one

mattgaudian

Jr. Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2013
Messages
85
Reaction score
577
Golden Thread
0
Location
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
At Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First 1800's silver and it's a big one

Water hunting a spot I've gotten some old objects but no coins. I thought it was a fishing lure because it's a popular fishing spot and it was really close to shore. It turned out to be a 1879 Morgan dollar. My first silver dollar. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1439572765.712941.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1439572781.148156.webp
 
Upvote 54
First 1800s silver is a Morgan really dude? That's awesome. It looks like it had a fair share of time in the ground just waitin for your coil to go over the top. What did it ring up as? Great find and congrats!
 
NICE MORGAN COIN FIND THERE MATT.
 
Welcome to the Silver Dollar Club. Not only did you find your first 1800's coin, but did it in style. Congrats!
 
I would like to thank everyone for their kind words and congratulations. I now think that the dollar may be a counterfeit coin. It only weighs 19 grams and looks a little funny. I now wonder if it would be a period counterfeit or a cheap Chinese fake. It was found deep in the clay of the lake, deeper than I normally find stuff. The area has also given many different late 1800's items. Most everything I find is old except for pop cans and fishing lures. But people still fish and use the area. I'm not sure how to update a thread, I may start a new one
 
Major congrats!!!!!!!!!!!
 
Very nice silver find. Looks like a real Morgan to me! Congrats.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom