Greenie
Aug 27, 2015
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
First 3 ring bullet!!! 58 cal?

I took my metal detector out to some land this morning and spent about an hour. I was mostly finding old scrap iron and was about to head to work when I was walking back through the woods to get to my car and got a loud midtone on my AT Pro.

It was super shallow so I just wiped away some pineneedles and there it was...my first 3 ring bullet! I don't know much about it, so if any of you can fill me in on any details I would greatly appreciate it. I'm just super excited to find something like this…especially since I'm brand-new to metal detecting and getting some experience with it. I know it's not worth a lot of money, but it's worth a lot to me . :thumbsup:

Oh, and it's bigger than the "gun" I found the other day! LOL

image.jpg image.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey ASE. Just a peice of advice if you want it. Keep every single thing you find on that property unless you are sure of what it is. I have had several objects that were found on a known camp site that I thought were junk only to find out later on t-net that they were not. You can learn so much from these guys it's scary. Welcome aboard!! Look forward to seeing more from your property. HH RN

OP
OP
ASE

ASE

Greenie
Aug 27, 2015
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for the link to that database! Yeah I found a bunch of scrap iron (or at least what I THINK is scrap) in the short time I was out there this morning. I haven't thrown anything away yet, so I'll keep hanging on to everything and hopefully I can get some info on it.

Last edited:

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
Congratz! I found my first CW bullet last weekend. A 2 Ringer! HH and Good Luck!

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think it is a modern muzzle loading rifle bullet, especially if it is the silver color it appears in the pics. The grooved shoulders look modern too.

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think it is a modern muzzle loading rifle bullet, especially if it is the silver color it appears in the pics. The grooved shoulders look modern too.

That's what I was thinking too. Doesn't look like it has any age at all. All of mine have been white patina and the angled grooves look very modern.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread