First 4hrs with the CTX 3030

Buried Crap NJ

Dec 5, 2009
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Minelab Excalibur II, Minelab GT,Compass XP-Pro,Fischer 1210X
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
The first 4hrs with the CTX 3030 well the first hr was a disaster I did have 63 targets and two were silver dimes. 21 quartes. I have never own one of these multi level space invaders tone machine. Can be quite confusing at first. My little instruction with dealer had me just set the sensitivty as high as the beach would allow. I have no clue what anything is on the machine. I can't find menus program, I managed to get the numbers big on the screen, that was about all I could see with Polarized sunglasses! It is a tone machine and that's what dealer told me that once you learn the tones I'll be ok.I made use of the wireless phones and pulled the headphone cord three times when bending. Pinpointing is not easy even with the pinpointer switch. I get the target out of the hole only to chase it about the beach(sometimes 6 more scoops) that really cuts down on target count. Not ever using a detector with FE/CO numbers can be really confusing. Most of the good target dug fell between 10-?? and 13-?? the same targets repeat well, both in numbers and tone. I did talk with a E-trac guy at Gold Diggers and he purchassed one for land use only as he felt this machine is better than the E-trac on target seperation? I did dig a nickel with a rusted nail same scoop! I like the machine and it will require some time before I figure it out! I have no clue where to espect gold to fall on the numbers yet?

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    40.3 KB · Views: 709
Upvote 0

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Talked with a guy on the beach this morning who had been using his new 3030 and when I asked him what he thought he said, "I don't have much time with it yet but right now I'd say it falls somewhere between an Excal and a Sovereign." Whatever that means? :dontknow:

goldringseaker

Mar 15, 2012
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Sea Hunter Mark II, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Congrats for your finds. I want to purchase a CTX 3030

mikeothmer

May 3, 2009
If it's anything like an Etrac , don't pay too much attention to the first two numbers at first. Gold will come up with some lower to mid range numbers . It just depends on the purity and quantity . Watch the second set of numbers and you will start to figure out what is what. Silver comes in with high numbers on the Etrac.

BigBeefy

Jan 19, 2010
Knoxvegas, TN
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I need to have a few disastrous hunts like this. Looks like you did pretty good. Congrats!

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Between the Excaliber and Sovereign" is pretty damming with the cheap Sovereign being a better machine of the two in all respects apart from not being waterproof. I was told that with the detectors I have I would not see any benefit from "upgrading" but we will see as I now know a few who have received their 3030's.

One plus of the new model has to be an improved recovery speed which will be handy on some sites. The gimmicks like GPS I can do without !

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dont know that im impressed with that statement from the guy on the beach.... with the FBS being used that alone should have improved recovery somewhat. Hopefully its growing pains from people that have never used an ET or Explorer. Either that or he is a die hard Sov fan. Maybe the ability to see more than one target, better tone system, and faster recovery isnt worth the extra money on the beach. Brian.... do you know what the FBS brings to the table that BBS doesnt .... on a beach?

Dew

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Between the Excaliber and Sovereign" is pretty damming with the cheap Sovereign being a better machine of the two in all respects apart from not being waterproof. I was told that with the detectors I have I would not see any benefit from "upgrading" but we will see as I now know a few who have received their 3030's.

One plus of the new model has to be an improved recovery speed which will be handy on some sites. The gimmicks like GPS I can do without !

Owning both an Excal and a Sov GT, detector falling in that range is a compliment....

I think the onboard GPS is primiarly for land hunting, you can download the map and tell exactly where you hunted, where you left off and if there is a pattern to the finds over the year, land doesnt really change much unless there is construction but beaches change all the time with the movement of the sand, storms etc...

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well done, congratulation! I wait more the finds of CTX3030.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread