First at the field

undertaker

May 26, 2006
Green Mountains of Vermont
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 and Whites Bullseye II Pinpointer
I alway dream about being the first one to walk this field but no matter how hard I try it just never happens. Ive hit it a day break ( just about dark) and meant headhunters already on the site waiting for daylight. Out of respect of first come first serve I back off and let them have the site. Today My brother and I hit it first with no tell tale foot prints. Just tilled, no wash dry as a bone. Cant see crap! I mean chips. I said this suck lets hit the road and try another. He said go to where you know the most chips are and give it a look. We checked a small knoll and within mintues my brow pulled a perfect arcahic otter creek spear point and a nice stem bird point.....I found alot of broken stuff but did find a cool ottercreek spearpoint that was worked into a scraper. By the way a older man walked into the site he was very friendly and we talked arrowheads for a bit. He walked to the same knoll we were on and within mintues pull a nice brewerton point.

Attachments

• 010.JPG
    010.JPG
    68.7 KB · Views: 271
Upvote 0
Not bad Undertaker! How big is the scraper? I went hunting today and found a small piece of pottery and thats pretty much it. Oh well there's always next time!
badandy

undertaker said:
I alway dream about being the first one to walk this field but no matter how hard I try it just never happens. Ive hit it a day break ( just about dark) and meant headhunters already on the site waiting for daylight. Out of respect of first come first serve I back off and let them have the site. Today My brother and I hit it first with no tell tale foot prints. Just tilled, no wash dry as a bone. Cant see crap! I mean chips. I said this suck lets hit the road and try another. He said go to where you know the most chips are and give it a look. We checked a small knoll and within mintues my brow pulled a perfect arcahic otter creek spear point and a nice stem bird point.....I found alot of broken stuff but did find a cool ottercreek spearpoint that was worked into a scraper. By the way a older man walked into the site he was very friendly and we talked arrowheads for a bit. He walked to the same knoll we were on and within mintues pull a nice brewerton point.
know the feelin about being the first to hit a feild ,nice finds ,the broken stuff alone would be a good day hh orh

hell with that let them hite the field alone.not me bubba lol.fields are big enough for everybody.you can also meet people that collect also and i enjoy seeing others artifacts.some people are buttheads but most are friendly.walked out to this guy tells me i better go. i looked at him rolled my eyes and kept alookin.i knew he was not the owner.

Attachments

• DSC03338.JPG
    DSC03338.JPG
    91.4 KB · Views: 164

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back