What's new

First bag of the New Year

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Joined
Aug 13, 2009
Messages
2,074
Reaction score
25
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Picked up my first bag of the new year yesterday. This one came the way the good ones did last year. In canvas with handwritten tag $1000. I think this one had been waiting on me for a week since I have been on vacation. Glad someone else didn't swipe it. I missed my order this week since they do their coins orders on Tuesday morning. I was hoping that the time off would get the carrier to dig out these old bags again. It certainly worked. Was busy last night but did get to crack it open and there was silver in there. I sorted about half of it and picked what I could see. I will finish it up tonight but so far I have found:

47 - 40's
17 - Ken 90's
5 - Franks
2 - Walkers

Here is a pic for your viewing pleasure. Thanks for looking.

Update:

Finished the bag last night. Only got 5 more 40's but also got my first ever bicentennial S mint half. It was in AU shape.

Since I had a little time left in the evening I cracked open $50 in dimes I had picked up. Found 2 silver rosies. Also did $24 in nickels and found a full date 1936 Buffalo.

So far off to a good start in 2010.
 

Attachments

  • First of 2010.webp
    First of 2010.webp
    39.7 KB · Views: 339
Upvote 0
so far so good....i'm keeping my fingers crossed for ya. hope this turns out to be a dream bag. :thumbsup:
 
Looking good hope there's more!!!!!!
 
Update added.
 
Hey Ag , Very nice start to the new year , I'd be really happy with those odds on a bag .
Did you find the coin on your avatar pic. in a roll or metal detecting ? Argentium.
 
WOW, you did really good on the 90%'ers :headbang:
 
Argentium said:
Hey Ag , Very nice start to the new year , I'd be really happy with those odds on a bag .
Did you find the coin on your avatar pic. in a roll or metal detecting ? Argentium.

I bought it. I want to start a type set and its my first purchase. 1828 12 star variety half cent.
 
I'd been wondering about the avatar as well. Nice finds in that bag, and that's a nice photo.

Was the '76 S half that you found clad or silver? So far, my wife and I have only found one of each, although they're both in AU condition as well.

Kindest regards,
Kantuck
 
very nice bag, and I would take those finds for a whole month total
 
Kantuckkeean said:
I'd been wondering about the avatar as well. Nice finds in that bag, and that's a nice photo.

Was the '76 S half that you found clad or silver? So far, my wife and I have only found one of each, although they're both in AU condition as well.

Kindest regards,
Kantuck

Its definately silver. It has a S MM. I was of the understanding that all bicentennial silvers were 40% clad silver.
 
I guess that my question wasn't clear. I just wanted to know if the bicentennial that you found was a silver version or the non-silver proof. There were 3 versions of the half dollar that came from the San Fran. mint in 1976.

Copper-nickel clad proofs (mintage 7,059,099)
40% Silver clad proofs (mintage 4,000,000)
40% Silver clad (11,000,000)

Yeoman's Redbook says that, "Mintage figures for 1976-S silver coins are approximate; many were melted in 1982."

My wife and I have a Copper-nickel clad proof and a silver clad non-proof.

Kindest regards,
Kantuck
 
Yea this one is a non proof, silver clad S MM. I have found the proof CU-NI a few months back.
 
Great score for the new year. Fantastic pics too !! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
HH
Rich
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom