Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You'll have a blast, but you'll get more junk than you think, so you might want to put an extra plastic grocery bag in your pocket so you can reduce your trips to the trash cans. You can loop them though your belt so you aren't carrying it.

Stay away from the wet sand/water as I assume this is a salt water beach. You'll get so much interference it won't be funny.

Lots of stuff gets lost when at the end of the day they pick up the towel/blanket that's base and give it a flip to dislodge the sand...and off go rings flying. So if you find one ring, circle the area...you might find another one. Found two silver rings a few feet apart that I'm sure were lost that way. Beach volleyball courts are supposed to be good hunting grounds. Don't be afraid to work your way among the areas where everyone is set up.

I know cuts are good places to search, but most of my beach hunting is freshwater, so I don't really have much experience looking for cuts.

Keep a drink bottle nearby...you'll get thirsty quicker than you might think. Especially if you are getting lots of hits.

Just have fun.

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
dont forget the parking areas...lots of folks change clothes wrapped in a towel at the car and the,"regulars"often ignore it.

Rodbuster209

Oct 26, 2010
Northern California
Detector(s) used
MineLab SE, Excaliber 1000, Sovereign, White's SpectrumXLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you do happen to find some jewelry just put it in your bag or pocket and if someone asks " have you found anything good", do not tell them or show them, tell them no, just some change and pulltabs. because unfortuneatly people will try to scam you or physically take from you your jewelry finds. Good luck and Happy hunting!...................Scott.

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I had a bum at a park come up and ask me,"did you find a silver ring...I'm here looking for it"In fact I had found a kinda stupid hippie 925er.I said no but can you describe it.He said,and I quote,"just show me what you find and I'll tell you if its mine I cant remember what it looks like but I know it if I see it"

lmao

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beach hunt at this time of year :icon_scratch: There's a pretty good chance that ground has been well covered since last season. If I were you, I'd wait for the beach bunnies and any other eye candy to be there before I went out again :icon_thumright: This way, even if you find nothing, it's not a completely wasted day :tongue3:

OP
OP
C

crbeck

Greenie
Jun 18, 2011
mifflinburg pa
Detector(s) used
ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks for all the replys guys i cant wait to get to myrtle beach in june to give it a try

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread