You'll have a blast, but you'll get more junk than you think, so you might want to put an extra plastic grocery bag in your pocket so you can reduce your trips to the trash cans. You can loop them though your belt so you aren't carrying it.
Stay away from the wet sand/water as I assume this is a salt water beach. You'll get so much interference it won't be funny.
Lots of stuff gets lost when at the end of the day they pick up the towel/blanket that's base and give it a flip to dislodge the sand...and off go rings flying. So if you find one ring, circle the area...you might find another one. Found two silver rings a few feet apart that I'm sure were lost that way. Beach volleyball courts are supposed to be good hunting grounds. Don't be afraid to work your way among the areas where everyone is set up.
I know cuts are good places to search, but most of my beach hunting is freshwater, so I don't really have much experience looking for cuts.
Keep a drink bottle nearby...you'll get thirsty quicker than you might think. Especially if you are getting lots of hits.
Just have fun.