What's new

First box of halves

lee7462

Greenie
Joined
May 19, 2010
Messages
15
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
A few years ago I searched some rolls from the bank and found 15 or so 40% halves, but haven't searched any in a few years. I got a box today from my credit union and found 3 90% kennedys, 7 40% kennedys, and a 2006 kennedy. Pretty happy with those numbers and I'm going to order another box tomorrow.

Now, trying to figure out how to dump these. I took some to another bank that I'm a member of, but didn't want to drop them all off at once there. Is it procedure to use different branches of the same bank to dump at? Or use different banks?
 
Upvote 0
lee7462 said:
A few years ago I searched some rolls from the bank and found 15 or so 40% halves, but haven't searched any in a few years. I got a box today from my credit union and found 3 90% kennedys, 7 40% kennedys, and a 2006 kennedy. Pretty happy with those numbers and I'm going to order another box tomorrow.

Now, trying to figure out how to dump these. I took some to another bank that I'm a member of, but didn't want to drop them all off at once there. Is it procedure to use different branches of the same bank to dump at? Or use different banks?
Nice score! I will only dump through a machine counter, normally. ffd
 
fistfulladirt said:
Nice score! I will only dump through a machine counter, normally. ffd

Yeah, that would be nice, but the only one I've found is at my credit union. I don't want to dump there unless they stop letting me order boxes, plus they charge 5% for any amount over 100 when using the coin counter even for account holders.
 
lee7462 said:
fistfulladirt said:
Nice score! I will only dump through a machine counter, normally. ffd

Yeah, that would be nice, but the only one I've found is at my credit union. I don't want to dump there unless they stop letting me order boxes, plus they charge 5% for any amount over 100 when using the coin counter even for account holders.
Find another CU or bank with a free counter, open an account there. Don't dump where you're buying. I think you know that.
 
sometimes I re-roll halves if I have been dumping a lot at my banks coin machine, don't want to wear out my welcome. I only have one machine I dump at. If you re-roll, just initial your rolls so you don't buy your own dumps.
spread your dumps out, don't just dump all at one bank all the time.
Nice finds though, good box
 
It would be nice to average that many for every box. :hello2:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom