What's new

First Box - Par

comfortablynumb

Jr. Member
Joined
Sep 8, 2009
Messages
86
Reaction score
3
Golden Thread
0
Location
NW Missouri
My son and I just finished the box of pennies we bought New Year's Eve. Wheatie's were right on the posted average from this site (5). We did, however fill out the memorial section of his new penny books, with the exception of 1972S. We found 2x 1960 SM Date, one 1989 off-center strike, and his favorites: 1 each of Canada, Bahamas, and Panama pennies.

The Bahamas cent is quite attractive, with starfish on one side.

Don't know if and when we'll do another one for a while. We may start purchasing some wheatie rolls of the net, so he can get some of those filled. His oldest in this box was a 1926.
 
Upvote 0
i guess it all depends on where you are but 5 is low compared to around here(Philly) i average around 22 per box. :thumbsup:
 
I get between 3-5 wheats per box where I am. Best score on wheats for me was with customer wrapped rolls. Got 70 something in four rolls.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom